Post counts

Getting rid of people's post counts was a bad idea IMO. Don't really know where else to put it as I can't find a thread on the subject. Just this morning, I started trying to catch up on this thread as I don't recognise half the usernames in here (which I guess is understandable), but quite frankly, it's impossible to know which opinions to take seriously and which ones to 'keep an eye on' to see how their posts develop.

I guess it's really easy to say "well just take everyone at face value" but quite frankly that'd involve me labelling half the posters on here cunts as a starting point and then moving forward from there.

On De Bruyne, patience is a virtue. We'll get him.

Thing is though pal a lot of those with high post counts talk a lot of nonsense. Such as me for example.

Getting rid of people's post counts was a bad idea IMO. Don't really know where else to put it as I can't find a thread on the subject. Just this morning, I started trying to catch up on this thread as I don't recognise half the usernames in here (which I guess is understandable), but quite frankly, it's impossible to know which opinions to take seriously and which ones to 'keep an eye on' to see how their posts develop.

I guess it's really easy to say "well just take everyone at face value" but quite frankly that'd involve me labelling half the posters on here cunts as a starting point and then moving forward from there.

Is that what has happened then? I thought it might have been some techy glich and the post count would reappear at some point. Has there been an explanation as to why it's been removed?

My thoughts on De Bruyne to keep it 'on topic' ... he doesn't want to leave Wolfsburg with any bad feeling or to make it seem like he is pushing to get out (but inside he can't wait to get to City). I too think this will happen before the end of the window.

I want mine back, that is all.

I understand your point but the statement of taking an opinion seriously because of a post count is a bit odd isn't it?

I understand your point but the statement of taking an opinion seriously because of a post count is a bit odd isn't it?

Not at all. The point is I'm going to be less inclined to reply to posts now as I don't know who I'm replying to. Especially when we're talking about serious/divisive issues to do with City.

For example, if there's someone with 10 posts who is saying "De Bruyne is shit, he's a Chelsea reject, Txiki a **** for trying to sign him", I'd ignore that person. If someone with 10,000 posts posted that, I'd probably have a conversation with them to try and find out why. As things currently stand I'm just going to ignore the posts. Which will mean in the end I'll be posting even less than I currently do.

I'm glad that they have been removed.
Some people spend a lot of time on here and they seem to think they have a higher opinion or authority over others because of their large post counts.
Some of these also post more drivel and nonsense than some of the new people.
Everyone’s opinion is equal.
Should judge on what people say, not because they have 20 thousand posts on an internet forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.