Atmosphere today/moving seats

Thought Chelsea would be loud rubbing in the fact they are champions
But from the South Stand near to Colin Bell stand rarely heard them
I think three narrow strips of away fans, one on each tier really reduces their impact, also city fans look lots closer with no netting so more intimidating. We have our stadium back, remember the original kippax with just a small corner of away fans surrounded by singing city fans....

Hope this works.......from Vinny's wife..........Noise comes over fantastically.............

Any video of the pre-match singing in 115 concourse? I walked in and was like... what is this sorcery, I hear singing half an hour before the game. ;)

28s79lz.jpg

Picture from 315. (this is the first image I have tried to post - hope it works!!)

Brilliant picture.

I was in 318 right at the back next to the aisle....it was pretty special yesterday all round....cheers to the fella in front of us who kept turning around and high fiving my young son everytime we scored ( think he was a bit worried my lad couldn't see when he jumped up )....I hope you do that 100 plus times this year mate....up the bluessssss

What was the segregation like? It looks non existent on the pictures.
Segregation is just a walkway between the away fans about 6 feet wide with low barrier rails, its the stairwells on the way down where two sets of stairwells come close to each other, going to be missiles thrown , pints etc going to be lobbed at away fans or vica versa, there are certainly things that appear slightly unfinished or just not thought out yet.

fucking great stand though mate, absolute top drawer view.

I think it's a smart move having the away section over three tiers and narrow. It's divides them into 3 for a start rather than 2 or even 1 large section, and it puts more of them in proximity to City fans, which helps to keep the noise down too. Worked a treat yesterday, but will be good to measure the effect at less popular matches too.

I think it is very different looking forwards on to the play, though, rather than from the side?

You really do get a better perspective in terms of the play coming up and down the pitch, especially so, when the bank is so steep that you actually feel sat over the pitch.
Sat behind the goal for years at Maine Road, including back of redeveloped Platt Lane; much prefer a side view. We are close to front and centre of level 3 in East Stand and you get a great view of the whole game.

Great all round today. If we can find another couple of up-tempo and witty songs and get the Poznan back it would really be something. I know I've mentioned it before but the old City war-cry chant coupled with the 'new' atmosphere would I'm sure drive us on when the lads are building up a head of steam and scare the s**t out of the opposition......just imagine how loud, inspiring and intimidating it would be. Do it every time the visitors pipe up and it would completely shut them up too making it ALL City. The media must hate all the fun we are having and I love it. Thanks to all who have made this possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.