United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many fucking glory hunters. I'd be embarrassed if that cropped up on here.

We have Gloryseekers on here bud, it's just we haven't slumped yet, we're still competing and or playing attractive football.

If the shit hit the fan, mansour pulled out or whatever and we started to become shit you'd see the bandwaggoners spitting their dummies left right and centre on here.

I'm just happy I can watch football within a few miles away from where I live, nevermind the trophies, they are just a bonus.

21655d5a977de8921440065911.jpg

Twitter people feel free to reply :-)

Hahaha That's top

Look at these belters from Rag Cafe.

I'm probably even more passionate about United post Fergie. I think it's because under Sir Alex I just became so accustomed to us winning that it no longer felt special. In fact I stopped watching the majority of games and would just catch up on MOTD, I'd only watch a game if it was CL fixture.

Now when we win, and hopefully eventually win the league again I won't take our success for granted, as I used to do. I tend to watch every game now on a dodgy stream to see how we've progressed from game to game, both in personnel and tactics. If anything a change in leadership has made me invest in United even more as I now desperately want us to get back to being champions and a force to be reckoned with in Europe.

I'm less bothered since Sir Alex left. Not really anything to do with trophies; I don't think I'd be as elated if we won the title this season, to be honest. I feel less attached and I don't even defend United as aggressively as I did in the past.

To be honest, I don't watch half as much football as I did a year or two ago. Probably just an age thing, as I also haven't played a minute of the latest FIFA, which was also unthinkable a couple of years ago.

Looks like the first one was that passionate a supporter he couldn't be arsed watching them and only caught up via MOTD. Now they're shit he's really pulling out all the stops though and actually bothering to watch on dodgy streams. That's some commitment there that is!! As for the other idiot he's that dejected he cant even be bothered to play his FIFA game, my heart is almost breaking for him.

Look at these belters from Rag Cafe.

I'm probably even more passionate about United post Fergie. I think it's because under Sir Alex I just became so accustomed to us winning that it no longer felt special. In fact I stopped watching the majority of games and would just catch up on MOTD, I'd only watch a game if it was CL fixture.

Now when we win, and hopefully eventually win the league again I won't take our success for granted, as I used to do. I tend to watch every game now on a dodgy stream to see how we've progressed from game to game, both in personnel and tactics. If anything a change in leadership has made me invest in United even more as I now desperately want us to get back to being champions and a force to be reckoned with in Europe.

I'm less bothered since Sir Alex left. Not really anything to do with trophies; I don't think I'd be as elated if we won the title this season, to be honest. I feel less attached and I don't even defend United as aggressively as I did in the past.

To be honest, I don't watch half as much football as I did a year or two ago. Probably just an age thing, as I also haven't played a minute of the latest FIFA, which was also unthinkable a couple of years ago.

Looks like the first one was that passionate a supporter he couldn't be arsed watching them and only caught up via MOTD. Now they're shit he's really pulling out all the stops though and actually bothering to watch on dodgy streams. That's some commitment there that is!! As for the other idiot he's that dejected he cant even be bothered to play his FIFA game, my heart is almost breaking for him.
Posting from padded cells most of these sad cunts

This is what sets most of us City fans apart from the others inc United. I think the vast majority of us on here were supporting City before the 2008 takeover. We have watched the crap. We have been to the depths of the third tier. We have been laughed at and mocked at for decades.
United fans have never known this. All they have ever known is success. And now when they arent as successful anymore we find out who are the proper fans and who are the glory hunters.
some of the comments on that united thread are quite unbelievable. When i first read the post i thought the OP was gonna get slated to hell and back but no! It turns out that hes isnt in the minority of "cant be arsed" anymore.

I couldnt imagine a "bluemoaner" even starting a topic like that in the future if we went a few seasons without winning anything!

So Smalling is world class now and a 3-1 win over Bruges inspires this comment:

"Weird thread. Ok, if we're your 'second team' or whatever then I suppose interest might wax and wane, but my support for United has nothing to do with what's actually happening at the club. There are no gradations of 'how much I like United'. I just do, all the time, 100%.

That said, I was rewatching the Brugge game yesterday and I realised that I haven't felt as invested in a squad of players as this since the 2008(-2011ish) vintage. So many of our recent signings are players I really, really wanted in a United shirt (Mata, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Darmian) or who have just 100% won me over (Blind, Herrera). There's a real sense that kids from our academy are going to come through and be a part of this team (Januzaj's there already, Pereira and Wilson will surely follow). And it's such a joy to watch someone like Smalling becoming world class. There was just a sense in that game that this team works, that it has the right ingredients and that they all fit together. Watching the game live with the old man, I just found myself saying 'feck, he's so good' about most of our players, over and over again.

So yeah, I'm just as slavish a United fan as ever, but I've got to say I'm particularly enjoying being one at the moment."

Oh, and no thread of this ilk would be complete with the usual side-swipe at our spending while showing a total lack of self-awareness about their own history and the sugar-daddy owners that bailed them out and went on to buy "undeserved" success And how can you have the same level of passion for your club but not the same level of passion for the league they play in? Does this poster below only wank off over United's wins in friendlies?

My passion for United is the same as ever, but my passion for PL football is fading. This is because I consider what Chelsea & Man City have done (the vast spending of money unearned from footballing success and endeavour) to be cheating, so I don't believe there's a level playing-field as regards competition anymore.

My passion for United is the same as ever, but my passion for PL football is fading. This is because I consider what Chelsea & Man City have done (the vast spending of money unearned from footballing success and endeavour) to be cheating, so I don't believe there's a level playing-field as regards competition anymore.

There has NEVER been a level playing field, there has always been teams with money to spend, and those without. Trying to quantify exactly what type of money you should be allowed to spend is just idiotic. You can't spend that £1m as it came from your owner, we can spend this £1m as it came from the sale of toothpaste with a United badge on it to Malaysians. Yeah, I can see how one of those should be outlawed and the other lauded. Fans of the traditionally successful sides have absolutely zero understanding of how they've managed to maintain their position at the top table, they believe it's all down to hard work on the pitch, developing their own players and "being better at football" when, in reality, it's always been about "spending more than the others can", lobbying to manipulate the situation to greater benefit you, and stealing your rivals best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.