United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The huge glaringly obvious flaw in their thinking is that they actually believe that they can get back to where they were under the GPC.
Those days are gone , and they are gone for good.
Welcome to the real world , raggies.

We can't say that those days are gone for good because none of us know what the future holds. However, I do think there is an arrogance that courses through that club that makes them think that whatever happens they will always be in a position to challenge at the top end of the table. That arrogance has stemmed from the huge amount of success they enjoyed under Ferguson and they thought that it would simply carry on once he left. They thought that whoever they stuck in charge would be successful yet soon found out that Moyes was nowhere near accomplished enough. Never mind, LVG will sort it out instead - trouble is, while there has been some improvement they're still looking a fair way off being title challengers. You'd have thought they would have learnt their lesson from the failed Moyes reign that nothing is guaranteed in football. The whole infrastructure of the club needs to change - much of what is in place worked under Ferguson but once he went it was a structure that was soon exposed as being totally outdated. Maybe the Tactical Turtle is addressing this, who knows? However, with the likes of the Family Man having such a prominent role on the coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised if they think that carrying on as they are will eventually see the successful times return. I suppose if they throw as much money at it as they have been doing then that in itself may bring some success but it isn't exactly great planning.

Last edited:
The huge glaringly obvious flaw in their thinking is that they actually believe that they can get back to where they were under the GPC.
Those days are gone , and they are gone for good.
Welcome to the real world , raggies.

Any club can be transformed by 2 or 3 great signings. So with the cash available they could always hit lucky and find the players they need to transform their team.
I will always be cautious when it comes to them. They have shown the signs of decline for years but they have bounced back before and have won so many games when they have been poor. They are a mess right now and in my book they are just coasting along at best i.e. the net quality of players in there squad is not getting any better or worse each window (when you consider the money being spent that is a pretty damming statement). However I can see them getting above the likes of Spurs and Liverpool again this year.

Realistically to be title contenders or even top 4 contenders they arguably require two or three top class defenders, a couple of midfielders and a couple of forwards. Teams will still bend over backwards for them and because of this they should finish top seven. However for them to finish top four they need to be picking up points from the scousers, Spurs, Chavs, us etc and I just can't see them doing this as primarily they are shite

Realistically to be title contenders or even top 4 contenders they arguably require two or three top class defenders, a couple of midfielders and a couple of forwards. Teams will still bend over backwards for them and because of this they should finish top seven. However for them to finish top four they need to be picking up points from the scousers, Spurs, Chavs, us etc and I just can't see them doing this as primarily they are shite

But...but...they are getting Ronaldo,Neymar,Pele, and Cuntona surely they will win the World Cup and everyfink with that line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.