De Bruyne?

I have no idea what Wolfsburg are up to and it doesn't really matter. If they don't want to sell it' s
difficult to force them. What interests me is what all this tells us about City. Firstly, City had very precise targets for this window, and no plan B if they don't get them. This is because they don't want B list players. City are trying to close the gap on the very top CL clubs and know clearly who they believe will do this. If they can't get KdB Navas has the qualities to play the game Pellers wants City to play more than Pedro, for example. The money we are prepared to spend on Sterling and KdB suggests our hierarchy are convinced that they will be among the world's best within 5 years. With Pogba Juve must have made it pretty plain pretty quickly that he was not for sale, so no B player, no alternative - go back in a year. If City are still talking they must feel fairly sure a deal is there to be made which will bring KdB to the Etihad.

Great post.

Can't see this coming off. It would have been done by now. Apparently, we read personal terms agreed and Wolfsburg accepted the bid. Why the delay then?

I'm starting to feel the same. After Bayern pulled out I thought this would move fast. Our ITKs thought it was very close which means the club thought it was very close and yet there's been no movement. Maybe Wolfsburg are trying to get players in? Maybe we're just being played? This could go all the way to deadline day and prove successful but I'm feeling less confident with every passing hour although I'm still hopeful! Don't you just love the transfer window?

To be honest he's coming across as a bit of a wimp to me and if he was really motivated to become a City player he would be a City player by now. If he isn't that bothered then I don't particularly want him.

Copied & pasted from saying same thing to somebody else:

Sorry mate, but I say bollocks to that comment. Shows a massive amount of integrity & professionalism in my opinion, which is exactly the mentality we should be looking for in players.

How would you feel if Real or Barca came in for Serge, he was happy to go or stay & he handed in a transfer request after City had turned down a bid? Woułd you slag off his personality & mentality?

Inversely what would you say about his personality & mentality if he carried on as a true professional & didn't hand in a transfer request to go to either of the 2 most successful teams in Europe?

In fact they're just looking after Wolfsburg, which is exactly what they should do.

Just because some City fans don't like it, doesn't mean they're being c*nts with anyone.
And in addition
If Wolfsburg have involved Bayern because they don't want to sell to us, then that is a cunts trick. They should be up front and say we don't wont to sell to City because we are Munich's woman

I agree that Wolfsburg should do what is right for them and them alone. However all dealings should have been in private without the need for Allofs to be constantly gobbing off.
Oh I agree with that part, but that's their prerogative, and I guess its giving them a higher profile than saying nothing would.

If ultimately we don't get him, we've never made a bid anyway, so we could claim it was all just speculation, I prefer City's stance.

I have no idea what Wolfsburg are up to and it doesn't really matter. If they don't want to sell it' s
difficult to force them. What interests me is what all this tells us about City. Firstly, City had very precise targets for this window, and no plan B if they don't get them. This is because they don't want B list players. City are trying to close the gap on the very top CL clubs and know clearly who they believe will do this. If they can't get KdB Navas has the qualities to play the game Pellers wants City to play more than Pedro, for example. The money we are prepared to spend on Sterling and KdB suggests our hierarchy are convinced that they will be among the world's best within 5 years. With Pogba Juve must have made it pretty plain pretty quickly that he was not for sale, so no B player, no alternative - go back in a year. If City are still talking they must feel fairly sure a deal is there to be made which will bring KdB to the Etihad.

Absolutely spot on

maybe it's a good tactic by txiki...not that mourinho thinks ohhh they have also signed de bruyne so we need to do something before the window closes otherwise they will be untouchable this season...so chelsea bid for pogba our main target actually before the other deals and for the next transfer window...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.