Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with people saying a tad unfair to be calling him shit, I will say though he doesn't do himself any favours by barely breaking sweat when he is only on the pitch for 20/30 mins.
That's part of the problem. He gives the appearance of not giving 100%. He may be, but to me if he is within a couple of yards of a defender playing the ball out, then he needs to make an effort to put pressure on that player. Defending from the front, as they say.

In attack I honestly don't think he is the type of player that suits our intricate style. A player like Kelechi fits the bill, but at the moment he is probably too young to be given more game time. Kelechi is mobile and has the ability to draw defenders away from goal and opening up space for our other attackers. Bony lacks mobility and in my view is quite easy to defend against.

Ridiculous comments. He was never bought to run the channels. That's not his game. He's hardly played at all yet you want him to be at his best. Completely unrealistic. Look at Aguero he needs a run of games at full fitness before he comes good.

so what's his role then? I have seen more movement from Nelsons column

I think he needs to be cut some slack. I agree he hasn't banged them in, but he has had a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Vinny, Merlin, Martin, Zaba and I'm sure many others had equally as bad starts but those in the know, persevered.

Let's hope so because with Aguero playing crap we really could do with him starting to play well. Give him a start on Tuesday.

If there is a time I wished player make me wrong it's this. As much as threat we have from everywhere we can't carry on having Kompany as our best scorer with 2 goals after 6 games. Strikers will have to start scoring or games like yesterday will happen more often. But honestly, I can't see it happening, he just looks completely lost on the pitch.

Bony will find his feet with game time, and his game is not pace so I'm surprised people are suggesting he doesn't break into a sweat (similarly I'm always surprised people call Yaya lazy when his role is spreading the ball around when positioned deep). My point is that in games like yesterday its Iheanacho and his gamestyle that we needed. I don't understand people being so cautious about playing him instead of Bony just because of his age. (And substitutions that are so late is ridiculous).

Ridiculous comments. He was never bought to run the channels. That's not his game. He's hardly played at all yet you want him to be at his best. Completely unrealistic. Look at Aguero he needs a run of games at full fitness before he comes good.
In and out of the team, niggling injuries and his mum has just passed away. It's quite understandable that one of those things would affect his form but the combination of all three is almost certain to. He needs our support, not a bunch of self-entitled tossers getting on his back.

Poor old Edin eh ?

Fuck me, it's like Mancini vs Pellegrini all over again. Edin has gone, get over it, move on and get behind Bony.

The time was clearly right for Edin to leave but Bony, thus far, hasn't shown enough to suggest he can replace him. There are loads of mitigating circumstances why it hasn't happened for him and he may yet turn things around. Everybody hopes that he will prove a success but he has to start performing pretty quickly now. Football is ruthless at the level we are now at. He needs a big game at Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.