Northampton Town

The petition is due to be heard on Thursday. I imagine it'll be adjourned as they'll claim they're sourcing finance from elsewhere. The chairman seems to have some involvement...

I learned how to read league tables in 65/66.

That season Northampton Town were relegated from Division One and City were promoted to it as Second Division Champions.

I've remembered Northampton's top flight status ever since.

In 1990ish I went out with a girl from Northampton, and I remember thinking is was a curious town, but quite pleasant compared to Manchester and Liverpool where I worked at the time.

I learned how to read league tables in 65/66.

That season Northampton Town were relegated from Division One and City were promoted to it as Second Division Champions.

I've remembered Northampton's top flight status ever since.

In 1990ish I went out with a girl from Northampton, and I remember thinking is was a curious town, but quite pleasant compared to Manchester and Liverpool where I worked at the time.
I remember the season before 64/65 when Northampton went up our first home game of the season Leyton Orient at home on the Wednesday night won 6-0,then on the Saturday we played Northampton at home and got beat 2-0 typical City.

I've been from time to time when I've been bored and in town, I live a few miles outside, and even without these latest problems the ground and club have always felt a little weird.

But...

The area surrounding Northampton is bloody lovely with some great villages and country pubs. The town itself has a few nice spots, a few good pubs, a couple of great restaurants and some dodgy areas. It could be anywhere in Britain.

True but its an ugly place - go on streetview and go down the seafront if you haven't been its fucking awful - from the laughable " vertical pier" that looks like a half finished fairground ride to the massive windfarm 10ft off the beach ( I kid you not ) its an eyesore not to be missed. Soon to be overshadowed by the only thing worse than a steelworks - a derelict disused steelworks.

True but its an ugly place - go on streetview and go down the seafront if you haven't been its fucking awful - from the laughable " vertical pier" that looks like a half finished fairground ride to the massive windfarm 10ft off the beach ( I kid you not ) its an eyesore not to be missed. Soon to be overshadowed by the only thing worse than a steelworks - a derelict disused steelworks.
Doesn't sound like Northampton to me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.