Club Badge (merged)

Absolutely gutted :(

I booked a place for the badge consultation for OSC Members on Saturday and at the last minute I had to help a friend out before the match, so ended up missing this.
Also missed out on free parking (lol)

Are there any other lectures @Gary James I could attend?

Absolutely gutted :(

I booked a place for the badge consultation for OSC Members on Saturday and at the last minute I had to help a friend out before the match, so ended up missing this.
Also missed out on free parking (lol)

Are there any other lectures @Gary James I could attend?
There are only 2 left -

Wednesday 4 November: 5.00-6.00pm (Cityzens only – log in to the Cityzens Portal)

Wednesday 11 November: 12.30-1.30pm (Open to all – send an email to badgelectures@mcfc.co.uk)

Anyone got any thoughts on this? A trivia question (not for those who've attended a badge lecture): what was the first City specific badge worn on the pitch at Wembley (not the coat of arms, a City specific badge)? I'll post the answer tomorrow. Bonus point for the name of the 1st person on the pitch wearing it.

Clue: it's more than ten years ago (not much of a clue, but shows it predates our recent success).

From what I've read and seen the badge I'd like to see would incorporate the following:-
A circular badge incorporating a ship (I quite liked the one on an earlier post with the ship appearing to be moving forwards), 3 stripes, 'Manchester City Football Club' written within the circle and the St. Marks emblem centrally each side within the badge lines. Maybe 1894 could replace one of the St.Marks emblems? Oh and all light blue and white, I'm a bit of a stickler for that !! It probably lacks a 'here and now' item but maybe that is something that can be discussed too?

Anyone got any thoughts on this? A trivia question (not for those who've attended a badge lecture): what was the first City specific badge worn on the pitch at Wembley (not the coat of arms, a City specific badge)? I'll post the answer tomorrow. Bonus point for the name of the 1st person on the pitch wearing it.

Clue: it's more than ten years ago (not much of a clue, but shows it predates our recent success).

cant remember any wembley success in 20 years ... or even being at Wembley in tht ime before our new era success, so guessing the Playoff final against Gillingham ... so that would our current crest/badge?? so guessing every other trip before that had a CoA matchday badge?? (guessing as i havent attended the lectures)

was it the full members cup game where we didn't change from our normal badge??

If so then Paul Power?

was it the full members cup game where we didn't change from our normal badge??

If so then Paul Power?

full%20members%20cup%20final%201985%20to%2086%20teams.jpg

What a weird game of football that was and it was my first trip to Wembley to watch City.

I've still got my ticket stub from the game which was £5 standing, how times have changed eh?

no escaping that ... probably get away if its all in monochrome, but if its meant to specifically a Lancashire Rose, turning it one a Yorkshire one defeats the object. Another to thinh to think about for the dymanic use of the badge overall.

something different again .... secretly, i'm swinging to this .... Ship sailing the 3 rivers over the Bluemoon.... so its best i stop an d shut tup now ....

7lWLE6.jpg

The more I look at this the more I like it

Be interesting to see it on a shirt.

All wrong on the trivia front... Clearly will surprise many but it's just one snippet from the lectures I'm doing that fans should think about before making their decision. Open to more guesses. I'll post the answer tomorrow but, as a clue, it wasn't our current badge and was before 1986!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.