Attacks in Paris

Yes but as mods don't fight fire with fire. We have seen it a million times before. Tonight is a very emotive night. The most important think should be focussing on the military operation to save the lives of people at that concert.

Obviously tonight's events in Paris are very emotive, but I don't think our position as mods means we can't air our views.

I'm not willing to sit back and let some of the usual suspects on the right spout nonsense unopposed.

ISIS's "version" of religion is called Salafi Jihadism, look it up, which began to exist from the Soviet US war in Afghanistan. The "true" Islam I refer to and I'm sure 99% of muslims would agree with, is the same religion started out by Prophet Muhammad and the following of his teachings, etc. ISIS and their terrorist acts has nothing to do with anything, their whole motto comes from a line in the Islamic holy book, which says "attack the non believers ONLY when you are under attack", however this was twisted starting from the 1980s war in Afghanistan. Like I said before, 99% of the Muslims represent the "true" version as I call it.

What's your view on stoning homosexuals?

Martin kelly (crystal palace defender) posted on social media a few hours ago that he was having tea at a cafe in Paris... turns out to be the one that has been targeted. Goes without saying best wishes and support to everyone out there right now, long term something needs to be sorted bit right now the safety of everyone in Paris is the immediate issues imo.

This thread is surely not the time or place for this, let's agree to disagree. My point is that if I had been born in Spain (entirely possible) I would still consider myself 100% English. I'm sure those scumbags didn't consider themselves English even if they were born here.

Too sensible.

You're becoming an embarrassment
No,just fuck off with that, pal. They're slaughtering people and I'm calling it as it is. Or are you saying religious extremism isn't a problem. The only embarrassment here is your inability to see this shit for what it is

I think the point is that your identity is defined partly by yourself.

For example, Andy Murray identifys as a scot before a brit. For some muslims they identify as a muslim before their nationality. I realise religion and nationality/race are all seperate.

Islam or no Islam, murder is murder. And in the end, those who carry out such acts need to be held accountable. I think someone like Corbyn was right when he touched upon the issue that it's a shame we couldn't bring someone like 'jihadi John' to trial. We seem to turn a blind eye to those that finance the organisations that he may be part of, whatever their organisations motive may be, they're murdering people. And the harsh reality is that whilst some countries may bang a drum about tackling terrorism or assisting in the capture of wanted criminals like Osama Bin Laden (How does he go unnoticed for 10 years?), not every country seems to share the same views and there's too many of those countries sitting on the fence in the middle east.

Sadly, in the end of all this. Innocent people in Paris were murdered and whilst we may get some form of justice through military action, more innocent civilians will be casualties of war and more of these organisations will occur. Because the powers that be out there continue to back them and our government are too scared to ask the right questions...

Obviously tonight's events in Paris are very emotive, but I don't think our position as mods means we can't air our views.

I'm not willing to sit back and let some of the usual suspects on the right spout nonsense unopposed.

Ric, you're right & I for one will not be bringing any more politics into this thread. We're all blues, decent human beings and not murdering scumbags.

No. I'm calling it as it is. Or are you saying religious extremism isn't a problem. The only embarrassment here is your inability to see this shit for what it is

It is a problem and has been a problem since 9/11, even before that. But your statements and hysterics are utterly embarrassing. You should probably log off for the night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.