Attacks in Paris

In the coming weeks and months I feel it will be more apt to philosophise over Guilt by association as this may be used more in the war against terror.
People using mosques that are found guilty of preaching hate could and should be prosecuted under the joint enterprise laws.
People should be prosecuted for breaking the law , for example a pub could be used for a gang to meet each night and make their plans to rob banks, someone going in for lunch because they live round the cornershould not be punished

That is not purely a Muslim thing it is something that it is fundamental . I oppose for example bike laws brought in in Australia that mean someone wearing a shirt or jacket of a prescribed motorcycle group/gang or going into a bike pub or going for a family barbecue with two brothers who might be in a bike gang can be prosecuted and given a substantial prison sentence - that is plainly wrong. If they deal ice then or

Radio 4's World at One had a very interesting guy on, who was a Professor of French Studies (or something like that) but he made some very good points about the situation in France, pointing out that France has been hit many times in the past mainly by people of Algerian descent, and it's a peculiarly French problem, it seems the fall out from the Algerian war of independence and the basic French and Algerian dislike for each other from what was a very nasty war by all accounts, he was saying that many of the tactics used were used in that war the Algerian community is the most marginalised in France

I am not saying that immigration should be open borders and not subject to appropriate controls - just saying it saddens me how delighted the hard right seem to be that this attack increases fear and is a wonderful tool to boost their cause.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that,some are sharpening their claws at all immigrants now

It wouldn't be a few short weeks planning anyway, these will have been their equivalent of "SF", very well trained operatives, they won't have mock up version of Paris to train on, so they will have been scouting the areas for a while, to ensure good access, check on security, check on the type of 'target' available on a Friday evening (it wasn't a random day they chose to do it), then probably a few trial runs to check all eventualities.
it will be well planned but like our own special forces the planning can be done quickly if all are well trained, know the general mission types they will do

I am not saying that immigration should be open borders and not subject to appropriate controls - just saying it saddens me how delighted the hard right seem to be that this attack increases fear and is a wonderful tool to boost their cause.

I agree with that,some are sharpening their claws at all immigrants now[/QUOTE]

Or just normal folk going about their daily lives would expect some basic checks

I am not saying that immigration should be open borders and not subject to appropriate controls - just saying it saddens me how delighted the hard right seem to be that this attack increases fear and is a wonderful tool to boost their cause.

I agree with that,some are sharpening their claws at all immigrants now[/QUOTE]
We have to try to weed out terrorists in every way we can but the genuine refugees are escaping out enemy and to leave the innocent to ISIS would be deeply morally wrong. Bearing in mind how many ways terrorists who are off the radar can enter and how much is home grown it is quite clear this is just an excuse for the anti immigration brigade rather than a genuine desire to defeat a brutal enemy. I guess it depends if you think Mosely types are patriots or not

Homegrown fighters who were very well trained and armed, clearly.

My opportunity to speculate now, but from my perspective they must have travelled from France to join IS in Iraq/Syria, and been trained and engaged in combat - before returning undetected, possibly posing as refugees, with a native Syrian, to plan an attack in Paris weeks/months later.

That is the most plausible explanation of events based upon the information we hold currently.
You just love blaming it on the refugees don't you? You try to dismiss everyone else's opinion whilst forwarding yours, subtly, as fact.
The French allowed hundreds back into their own country having gone to Syria to 'fight'. There's the issue, not some random refugee who could quite easily have drowned as actually made it to France.
But that doesn't seem to fit into your, or other racists, narrative that we must do everything to exterminate refugees

Last edited:

Or just normal folk going about their daily lives would expect some basic checks[/QUOTE]
The right wingers can't wait to stick the boot in
We are taking those from camps only according to dave so we should be ok if that is true

Or just normal folk going about their daily lives would expect some basic checks[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with that at all but I don't think those going about their fm daily lives are the ones rejoicing and spreading poison

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.