Every premier league game this weekend to play French national anthem

I still don't think it goes much beyond it's OTT. There's a lot of "it's ridiculous" but not a lot of why.

I think people seriously undervalue the political and societal importance of pretty staggering shows of unity.

That's fair enough mate, my opinion isn't any more significant than yours.

Tuesday night showed great unity.
It was very poignant and heartwarming , but it's like they want to drag this out and the more it gets dragged out, the more it loses its meaning and intention.

Black armbands and a minutes silence at the most would be more than adequate.

I think it is going too far now. Yes it is a disaster and we done a fantastic gesture for the England game.. but it's life.

That's fair enough mate, my opinion isn't any more significant than yours.

Tuesday night showed great unity.
It was very poignant and heartwarming , but it's like they want to drag this out and the more it gets dragged out, the more it loses its meaning and intention.

Black armbands and a minutes silence at the most would be more than adequate.
Tbh mate I'm going with a french person who will really appreciate it. Everyone I know in France is absolutely heartened by the support.

Sure it's a bit unusual but I just think it does a lot of good that people don't see and I still can't see what actual harm it does to anyone.

You only have to look at the cover of L'Equipe to know how much the people most effected appreciate it. I'm proud we can do that for them.

If it was an atrocity in Manchester and they were still singing God Save the Queen in Marseille the next week I'd feel nothing but gratitude and I'd be sad if a large part of their fan base was already openly bored enough to complain about our tragedy.

Way over the top.

Did everyone play our stuff in 2005?

We are sadly moving towards a world where there will be a minutes applause on every other minute of the game, a minutes silence before every game and a race to show how sad we at every act.

The England game showed solidarity with France, this idea is just fucking ridiculous.

Agreed.

Sounds more like another "Good PR" job by some marketing gonk to say to the world were the betters grievers...

Is this part of the Scudamore 39 matches Grand Plan? We'd only need another half dozen matches, say 45 matches per season, extra one on each continent, and we could have a European national anthem every week!

Anyway, I think we should play the Chilean national anthem at home matches.

Way over the top and sets a dangerous precedent. Turkey had 90 plus people killed in a terror attack just last month which went virtually unnoticed compared to Paris.
So fast forward 2 weeks something else happens elsewhere in the world and the FA don't have a minutes silence. What sort of message does that send to the people of that affected country.
It's not a football problem and we can't keep taking on every world issue. It'll get to the stage we won't have time to play the game well have so many silences and shows of unity to get through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.