Overcrowding on trams from Etihad

It's as bad getting the bus - when there is one. Try customer.relations@tfgm.com

I was offered a bus drivers job in July 2014. Because I had a history of alcohol & cannabis abuse I had to have extensive medicals. I haven't had a drink for 3.5 years or used cannabis for 4. Eventually the Dvla refused my bus license & took away my car & motorcycle license on medical grounds. Loads of times buses don't turn up & I can't even get a job driving one. Laughable.

I've complained to the metrolink hierachy countless times over the"single tram scenario" directly after each match!1 steward even suggested leaving my son to get a tram on his own (to avoid being crushed@he was13@the time)after a champions lge match,surely it can't be that hard to line-up waiting trams 1at the stadium"double car"at the end of the game,1double tram waitin @"holt town&another1@ new islington ,they wouldn't be affecting traffic on the road around the stadium,especially at night matches?they know how many people have purchased tkts to travel from Ashton/audenshaw/droylsden in a 2hr prematch slot to the stadium etc!! I would estimate you could fit300 people safely on a double tram ,so3 double trams would be adequate to get the Ashton bound people home safely&i,m sure people wouldn't mind waitin2/4 minutes for a tram to come from holt town once the stadium tram had left the platform&vice versa for the new islington tram to move on towards the stadium via radio control from a supervisor on the stadium platform??? It ain't rocket science is it ;-)

It makes you wonder what people get paid for. Good effort.

The Southampton game was the worst for a long time on both the bus into town and the metrolink running any sort of a decent service. I buy an any bus and metro daysaver on match days and travel in from Altrincham. Getting to the game is fine as i can get a tram straight to the ground.....getting home is another matter however.

As the final whistle blew i quickly made my way to the parked buses and soon found myself in a very large queue that was going nowhere fast.As usual there were about another 8-10 buses waiting all with their doors shut and all the while the queue for the front bus was not moving at all.Various showsec people were waving their arms about and in discussion with one another,the bus was revving it's engine as if it had a problem but nobody was relaying any information,nobody was boarding buses and nobody was moving!

Eventually we got onto the bus and set off,by now in heavy traffic. On reaching the town centre i walked to the train station to hopefully get a tram to Altrincham it was 17:40. It had taken me around 40 minutes to get from the ground to town on the bus.As i waited numerous trams were arriving,three to Bury,two to Eccles/Media City but not one going to Altrincham. In fact two Bury trams arrived and departed a minute apart which was ludicrous. A woman who was a City fan got off the first Bury tram and was complaining to a metrolink person.I struck a conversation up with her and it seemed she got on a double Altrincham tram outside the ground only to be told this was now changing to a Bury tram and to alight at Piccadilly and wait there.She was not happy and neither was anyone else waiting for an Altrincham tram. Eventually at around 18:25 one turned up,a good hour and thirty five minutes after the game had ended,meaning people had missed connecting buses and were late for pre-arranged meets with friends.

As you would expect the tram was packed solid. What added insult to injury was there must have been at least 15 metrolink staff crammed in too,none of whom had the sense to get off to let people on and off the tram until i shouted at them.We the could get onboard.As we reached Piccadilly not one of these staff took any control and there was a crowd of people trying to get off at the same time as a crowd trying to get on,resulting in chaos. One large City fan tried to hold back the crowd pushing to get on to let people off resulting in him getting into a heated argument with a group of young lads leading the pushing to get on which could have turned nasty.Again all the metrolink staff just stood and watched.

The whole organisation of both the trams and buses on matchdays is a shambles with no thought seemingly given to the running order of the trams in particular.I have stated before the priority on match days should be to get people away and dispersed from the stadium as quickly as possible,even more so with the heightened terrorism threat. If they have to inconvenience a few shoppers for 30-40 minutes while they do so then so be it,it is only a small window and people know there is a game on.I hope someone sorts it out but i won't hold my breath!

The Southampton game was the worst for a long time on both the bus into town and the metrolink running any sort of a decent service. I buy an any bus and metro daysaver on match days and travel in from Altrincham. Getting to the game is fine as i can get a tram straight to the ground.....getting home is another matter however.

As the final whistle blew i quickly made my way to the parked buses and soon found myself in a very large queue that was going nowhere fast.As usual there were about another 8-10 buses waiting all with their doors shut and all the while the queue for the front bus was not moving at all.Various showsec people were waving their arms about and in discussion with one another,the bus was revving it's engine as if it had a problem but nobody was relaying any information,nobody was boarding buses and nobody was moving!

Eventually we got onto the bus and set off,by now in heavy traffic. On reaching the town centre i walked to the train station to hopefully get a tram to Altrincham it was 17:40. It had taken me around 40 minutes to get from the ground to town on the bus.As i waited numerous trams were arriving,three to Bury,two to Eccles/Media City but not one going to Altrincham. In fact two Bury trams arrived and departed a minute apart which was ludicrous. A woman who was a City fan got off the first Bury tram and was complaining to a metrolink person.I struck a conversation up with her and it seemed she got on a double Altrincham tram outside the ground only to be told this was now changing to a Bury tram and to alight at Piccadilly and wait there.She was not happy and neither was anyone else waiting for an Altrincham tram. Eventually at around 18:25 one turned up,a good hour and thirty five minutes after the game had ended,meaning people had missed connecting buses and were late for pre-arranged meets with friends.

As you would expect the tram was packed solid. What added insult to injury was there must have been at least 15 metrolink staff crammed in too,none of whom had the sense to get off to let people on and off the tram until i shouted at them.We the could get onboard.As we reached Piccadilly not one of these staff took any control and there was a crowd of people trying to get off at the same time as a crowd trying to get on,resulting in chaos. One large City fan tried to hold back the crowd pushing to get on to let people off resulting in him getting into a heated argument with a group of young lads leading the pushing to get on which could have turned nasty.Again all the metrolink staff just stood and watched.

The whole organisation of both the trams and buses on matchdays is a shambles with no thought seemingly given to the running order of the trams in particular.I have stated before the priority on match days should be to get people away and dispersed from the stadium as quickly as possible,even more so with the heightened terrorism threat. If they have to inconvenience a few shoppers for 30-40 minutes while they do so then so be it,it is only a small window and people know there is a game on.I hope someone sorts it out but i won't hold my breath!

How hard can it be? They could even try practising a few different ideas till they got it right. Its not like their isnt a big game in Manchester every week.

How hard can it be? They could even try practising a few different ideas till they got it right. Its not like their isnt a big game in Manchester every week.

I think there had been some points problem earlier on the metro but not sure. While the odd staff member is good it sometimes seems the first and most important questions to get one of these jobs is ''Do you hate the general public?'' And ''Can you create chaos where there is order?'' If yes the job is yours lol!

I''ve just called the number given by Gorton Gruff on the first page and also informed them of the bad situation regarding trams after the game. They listened and said they are already looking into it based on receiving many calls and emails on the subject recently.....will be interesting to see if anything happens.

I have never bothered with getting a tram after the game. I prefer walking. Much less aggro and hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.