Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club have created this.

Why should Pellegrini care? If Pep is coming.
Why would the players care? If Pep is coming.
Why should the players listen to Pellegrini? If Pep is coming.

Pellegrini can often be blamed tactically but today it was not tactics to blame.

The players looked disinterested, how can a manager motivate or rejuvenate his players if they know he is off?

Pellegrini is a good manager when all is going well, if things aren't, he struggles. How can any manager be expected to motivate and rejuvenate if everyone knows they're off in 6 months?

Today, his side was ok, tactics fine. You could argue Iheanacho could have started, Delph perhaps. Stuck with Fernandinho rather than Fernando. Bi put are they really reasons for top level players failure to simply kick the ball?

I defend him a lot, but it's obvious the writing is on the wall, we really have put ourself in a corner.

Last edited:
If we're looking at the players we currently have, they'd do much better with Ancelotti's counter-attacks than Pep's tactics. That's not a slight on Pep, it's just an acknowledgement that De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Silva could be devastating in a counter-attacking style. And Carlo is available NOW. Like... right now. I'd rather get him than wait for Pep.

We have both defended Pellers long and hard, for good reasons, but I confess that I am short on defence and even shorter on patience now. A similar thing happened with Mancini, for me. I also wanted Pep then but even if we have him wrapped up for next year, the case against keeping Pellers any longer sadly go a huge push forward today.

Pellers biggest crime is putting too much faith in his players. He has not compensated properly for their weaknesses and the downgrade we suffer when so many of our key players are out or out of sorts.

Today, he got the team selection wrong from the off in my eyes. I tweeted before game that I'd have played Delph; I also thought then that I would have started Clichy. I think he should have had the foresight to start all three of Delph and the Ferns, with a game away at Stoke where he had to start MDM at CB.

Injuries are really not helping and today that gave us a glimpse of why, to much criticism, MP still insists on starting Yaya all the time. None of Silva, KDB or Dinho filled the hole in the middle of the team and controlled the ball like Yaya does. I have harboured hopes that Dave could but he has never proved it yet. Both he and KDB were absolute garbage today, which doesn't help but is not an entire surprise. The manager has to get KDB by the scruff of the neck and instill some real focus in him: too often he fails to make the easy pass. KDB is a huge talent but he has to learn that the best players do the simple things right time and again.

Our level of injuries will rightly raise questions over training methods etc but they may not be controllable - the club though should be consulting external experts on that pdq if they are not already doing that - because injuries are undoubtedly hurting us. However, Pellers is not adapting to their impact on his squad well enough and does not have a system to fall back on. Time to go back to basics. Ironically it was a failure to do that which did for Hughes, IMO. Don't think Pellers will make that change and, therefore, the Board has some serious thinking to do. If they have Pep lined up, do they resort to a caretaker before our challenge requires an undertaker?

I have defended him and i still like him but his time is over and everyone knows it. Be it now or this summer is the only question but im pissed off at the situation the club has created around Pep and agree, we saw Bob hung out to dry and its now happening with Pellegrini.

Injuries are of course a concern but im also sure that our facilities are second to none and our access to the very best medical care and advice is second to none also so what we do i don't know but sometimes, as a player, a minor niggle whilst not helping has to be shrugged off and you have to get out there and play through a little pain now and then, as Klopp said this week re Sturridge. Its the same players all the time, Kun included who take a knock and we are told its minor yet weeks later they are still not back and whether that's down to them or the manager being overly cautious i dont know but we have to get them out on the pitch if at all possible.

its interesting with Vinny that a minor knock of no real concern coincided with his fall out with the manager re his appearance for Belgium and that minor knock has kept him out ever since virtually?

The club has to make a decision and now for me. Pick the phone up tonight and tell pep its now or never, this week and if he says no then we move on and we move on forever with Ancelloti possibly the man to take it forward.

Allegri at Juve would also be worth a look imo.

Whoever comes in though has got a job on with that back 4!

Injury excuse is very weak and lame . Compared to Stokes on paper, we had more talents on the pitch. We had enough players to grind a result today. Away at Stokes and some players missing ,Pelle goes to attack and gets outrun in the middle.

if i owned this football club i would sack Pellegrini , and bring in Ancellotti tomorrow , because we would win everything with a manager who commands respect and isnt concerned about upsetting superstars , but it will not happen , we do not have knee jerk owners , and until MP is sacked the players will hold all the power , and play when they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.