Allegri
Jorge Jesus
Mircea Lucescu
Mancini
Hecking
Unai Emery
Blanc
Deschamps

I get your point but Van Gaal? Maybe based on record.

You can add Koeman and De Boer off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Fuck off
It's not a sin to say he got something wrong,he is human after all.perhaps it's you who is dim

If you could read you'd have read me saying three times that I think it was a poor decision to not bring Kelechi on. But why would you read what I post when you can continue to behave like a dim wit.

Firstly, there is a massive difference between being pragmatic and being negative. Being pragmatic is about taking your opponents strengths into consideration and adapting. Two of the best examples of this was from Pellegrini in recent weeks. Bringing on Demichellis at Old Trafford to counter Fellani's introduction and playing us to counter attack against Sevilla when we know they need to and will attack us.

The formation Pellegrini started with today was pragmatic. He didn't know what to expect from Villa so set us up cautiously. That I agree with. However, from half time onwards was utter negativity from the manager and he should take a fair proportion of the blame for this result.

The new manager bounce was clearly there in the first 15 but after that it wore off and we dominated. At half time or shortly afterwards he needed to make the changes to get us back to our normal style. Instead he persevered with Yaya in a role where he was completely ineffective and played KDB out of position.

There was only going to be one winner after 55 minutes and that was us. By that point we were in complete control against a side who are bottom of the league, lost their past 7 games, their best player is one we let go for nothing in the summer and their best player last season was on our bench.

He should have took Fernando off for Kelechi and went with:

--------------------------------------- Yaya --------------- Dinho ---------------------------------
Navas --------------------------------------- KDB ------------------------------- Sterling
---------------------------------------------- Kelechi -------------------------------------------

I just feel that at time no one knew where they were playing. That chance when Guzan dropped Kolarov's free kick and no one was in the box. It felt like a bit of a free for all at times and that kind of suited Villa.

Please, can a someone (with a positive mindset) explain these points to me? I am not being sarcastic, I am just baffled by what I saw today, surely Pelle isn't that naive, what am I missing?

1. Navas for Bony when Nacho is on bench. turned us toothless with no one to aim at up front.
2. Yaya for Delph. Yaya was doing ok, maybe good. Why bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one when we need a goal? Why Delph when both Fernas are on?
3. Bring on Delph was a sure way to give villa crowd and players a purpose, why do it when we are behind?
4. 3 Defensive midfielders and no striker for large part of the match?
5. Sterling for Nacho? When we have 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch and we need a goal?
6. Why play defensively against the bottom team?

Seems we suffer the either extreme of of 442 or 460 with Pelle.
You are not missing anything. You raised good points.

Some old school bickering breaking out here. It's gonna stay this way forever isn't it? Haha!

Without Bony and without Sergio Aguero we don't have a player who plays inside the box. We have to try and work without them." Pellers. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.