Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he doesn't want to come on a temp basis

Then appoint Ancelotti full time, it's just weird holding out for someone else's manager anyway. If we're that desperate for Guardiola pay what it takes to break his Bayern contract and appoint him now, or forget him and get Ancelotti in on a 3 or 4 year contract.

We're going to look fucking daft if Pep doesn't end up coming, and even if he does, while we wait the team is suffering. This squad of players should be pissing this league, injuries or not.

A league where fucking Leicester are top, with a goal-shy rags and struggling Chelsea side, any decent manager with the likes of KDB, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Yaya at his disposal would not be 3 points behind fucking Leicester.

He dived in and didn't win the ball in a couple of key moments, but he's still an extremely athletic and powerful player. I think he's undermined by injury at the moment.
You're too generous, Fernando is as average as average gets & should never have been signed.

No doubt but we have an owner and senior management team that will have a view on this and possibly, plans fulfilled with pep coming in the summer.

Regardless, there is no need for panic.

We should never need to panic but we have had too many poor games in the last 12 months. Today was a disgrace of a performance and I do not exonerate the players but we are now past the point of needing to make some changes to the system when we have key players missing. I do wonder if some fresh eyes in there would produce a lift in performance and why I would now consider something like a Hiddink / Clarke partnership for the rest of the season.

The biggest problem is under Mancini we used to defend the 18yd box & it was virtually impossible to get behind us, especially away from home we'd play on the counter & score hatfulls of goals. Defending was worked on as much if not more than attacking, it was a joy to watch the best teams throw everything at us while bouncing off our well drilled defence . Now, we have slow c.halfs & defend up near the half way line, it's suicide & could be put right with a half tactically minded manager.
Bingo. It's so obvious to all except pellegrini. Plus he tells the full backs to bomb on regardless and this leaves the center backs with a whole line to defend.

I'm saying his signings because any suggestion that txixi is at fault will just start the usual comments from damo et al that he is gods gift to football

Txiki has a fair bit to answer for. Said before all ball was kicked we were light in midfield. We are very light in midfield. We are light up front. And I'm sorry, just don't see how Silva & De Bruyne and Sterling fit into a team. All 3 counteract each other.

Play Sterling and De Bruyne out wide, we lack balance offensively and defensively.
Play Sterling behind a striker you get the worst out of all three.
Play Silva out wide, you don't get the best out of him and De Bruyne doesn't dictate a game like Silva does.

You could argue playing Fernando holding, Delph left of him and Fernandinho right is our most balanced midfield. So do we leave Silva out? One of our two record signings out?

Which ever way you look at our squad it's unbalanced or we leave one of Sterling, De Bruyne or Silva out. Sterling is making himself easiest to leave out, so then we're unbalanced.

I don't think there's an argument that we were at our best early season.

.......Ya Ya..Fernandinho.....
Navas.........Silva......Sterling
............Aguero...............

Does Navas produce what De Bruyne does? No. Did the team look balanced? Yes.

There would be an argument for, but Nasri is out.

...........Delph...Fernamdinho.....
Nasri.......Silva.......De Bryune....

Not a electric but would retain the ball.

For a manager in his last season supposedly he's been left with two huge decissions. How to mould Sterling, Silva & De Be Bruyne into a cohesive unit and what to do with Ya Ya.

While he's making mistakes, the injuries are really hurting. Today's team selection and tactics were standard, not brilliant not particularly bad. Could he have improved it? Possibly, we'll never know. Could anyone expect what we saw today? I doubt it.

For me know, his first call if he's to continue, Demichelis is really struggling and needs to be phased out. If that doesn't happen, put me in the otters club. He needs to make a call on Bony. I've defended Bony, but we look sharper and more comfortable as a team with Kelechi up front. Perhaps Bony would benefit from being fit for a month or so and training hard and earning a place. He has Mönchengladbach to step up.

If there is a motivational problem, or he's lost some of the players, I'm afraid that's on the senior management. If they are confident of Pep, the players know that, how is Pellegrini supposed to deal with that? It's impossible to expect any manager to ring the changes, show the players who's boss, when in actual fact he pretty much isn't.

In my opinion the players should be playing for their futures, did it look like that to anyone today? Fingers could be pointed at Pellehrini, but he picked a familiar team and system with players mainly in their favour positions. The odd tactical mistake may cost you the odd result here and there, but starting one international over another in their favoured positions should not result in a performance like that. Out there today, I hate to say it but Bojan made Silva look like Buster Philips, Glenn Johnson made Sagna look like Scott Hiley, Shawcross made Demichelis look like David Brightwell. These are not tactical issues.

Yes, we looked shaky at the back, very shaky that could be blamed on formation/tactics. But what's the excuse for going forwards?

I fully agree, I think there is something wrong, I just don't simply buy that it's all the managers fault.

If he wasn't such a coward when it comes to giving young players a chance maybe the likes of Bryan, Maffeo, Celina & Barker could have featured this season and lightened the workload on the senior players.

We should never need to panic but we have had too many poor games in the last 12 months. Today was a disgrace of a performance and I do not exonerate the players but we are now past the point of needing to make some changes to the system when we have key players missing. I do wonder if some fresh eyes in there would produce a lift in performance and why I would now consider something like a Hiddink / Clarke partnership for the rest of the season.

If a change is made im good with it as things stand. i saw a team today that looked like it had no belief in whatever the plans/system was and i saw no effort to change it from the sidelines and the post match remarks from the manager dont sit well with me either.

im just keen for the pep merry go round to stop and he either gets off at our place or we walk away and make a long term plan with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.