Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I would suggest I was looking forward. My problem with mp is a lack of progress especially in terms of our performances. We have not improved defensively for instance in his time here. i honestly don't see how he had added to the team. What I mean is he still seems to rely on us having better players than the other team and when that isn't enough we get beat or drop points. I don't see that changing and so I don't think you can win trophies as a consequence. We have likewise spent money on players but still rely on silva yaya aguero and vk too heavily. That shouldn't be the case given our investment. Maybe I am naive or greedy but I think we should be closer to the dominance other clubs have shown in their domestic leagues and be in a situation where we are beating europes top clubs in the big games. I'm very happy we topped the group but we never looked like beating juve in either game and really they are a better barometer than last night. It might make me seem mega negative but I think it's more about being ambitious and competitive
I agree. You are mega negative.

See I would suggest I was looking forward. My problem with mp is a lack of progress especially in terms of our performances. We have not improved defensively for instance in his time here. i honestly don't see how he had added to the team. What I mean is he still seems to rely on us having better players than the other team and when that isn't enough we get beat or drop points. I don't see that changing and so I don't think you can win trophies as a consequence. We have likewise spent money on players but still rely on silva yaya aguero and vk too heavily. That shouldn't be the case given our investment. Maybe I am naive or greedy but I think we should be closer to the dominance other clubs have shown in their domestic leagues and be in a situation where we are beating europes top clubs in the big games. I'm very happy we topped the group but we never looked like beating juve in either game and really they are a better barometer than last night. It might make me seem mega negative but I think it's more about being ambitious and competitive

Just on the Juve point. Its a mini league format and the outcome is settled over the 6 games. We finished top so who gives a fuck that we might not have beaten Juve because right now, i dont and neither will anyone at the club.

Too many, yourself included are trying way too hard to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory and its ridiculous.

Reading that I take it you would therefore be happy if we were playing great and losing, or am I missing your point. This is a results driven business and like him or loathe him, he has given us results.

Week done Manuel Pellegrini - showed what a class manager you are
We have a depleted squad and those that are standing are carrying various knocks so he has managed the team well to get that result against a team who had just beaten Bayern and who were unbeaten in 10 or more and we can push on.
Now that bit is over till the New Year he can focus on the premier and watch us move up there - we have arse , Leicester coming up so I expect us to sort them and then all those moaners can really shut the f--k up once and for all.
I really hope we do the quad and look forward to reading bluemoon then!!!!

There will still be experts on here complaining. They must come from another planet.

It's a case of sometimes the best eleven players don't necessarily make the best team.

We ended the game yesterday with the same midfield five we started the season with behind the striker, and suddenly we had balance and both fullbacks had protection when needed but also natural width.

The injuries concern me far more than Pellegrini, who I think has been pretty harshly treated recently. He still is in with a chance of winning every competition we have entered this season and it's nearly Christmas and we have yet to have a run with all of our players fit.

At least one target has to be unrealistic before he should be considered sackable, surely...

If he wins more?
I want him to go.

I think he is the wrong man to be in charge of this club & we are much better than we appear to be. Last seaon marginal & benefit of the doubt due to ffp, but this season with new signings & a whole bunch of talented kids, we are immense imo & the boss has not managed us properly.

I've supported him for 2 seasons, now I've had enough. He's not as good as the club.

If ancelotti is willing to come in on a short term basis then yes! Otherwise it's pointless but I'm still in the thought of he needs to go in the summer

If ancelotti is willing to come in on a short term basis then yes! Otherwise it's pointless but I'm still in the thought of he needs to go in the summer

No one worth their salt is gonna come in for 5 months knowing that if Pep says yes he'll be shipped off in the summer. Talk of replacing him at this point is futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.