Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tears taste delicious.
Haha you really are a classic keyboard warrior aren't you? Blue moon isn't real life you know mate. I appreciate it may be the only area of your existence that you feel confident, respected and acknowledged but as I say lets see how the season pans out.

Haha you really are a classic keyboard warrior aren't you? Blue moon isn't real life you know mate. I appreciate it may be the only area of your existence that you feel confident, respected and acknowledged but as I say lets see how the season pans out.

You remind me of an angry poster we once had pmsl.

Do you hate flat cap wearers by any chance?

Really pleased for the manager last night. His calls paid off. He knew they played three at the back, and that they would push on to us and press us high, so he played that 4123 formation hoping that the front 3 would find space between the lines. It worked a treat. Second half we pushed even higher up the pitch and utterly dominated. I thought the removal of De Bruyne was an odd one as he was running the game, but Navas caused a few problems and ultimately we got the goals..

But last night doesn't make him a tactical genius who out thought their manager, in the same way that Stoke's win didn't make him the opposite. He made some decisons and they paid off. If that happens more often than not he's doing OK.

I still predict major glory this season after this stop-start first third of the season. The new lads are starting to integrate, the big names are coming back and we are progressing as a squad. I want Pellegrini to move on within the CFG group in the summer with the club's most successful ever season under his belt. I still think it's going to happen.

Really pleased for the manager last night. His calls paid off. He knew they played three at the back, and that they would push on to us and press us high, so he played that 4123 formation hoping that the front 3 would find space between the lines. It worked a treat. Second half we pushed even higher up the pitch and utterly dominated. I thought the removal of De Bruyne was an odd one as he was running the game, but Navas caused a few problems and ultimately we got the goals..

But last night doesn't make him a tactical genius who out thought their manager, in the same way that Stoke's win didn't make him the opposite. He made some decisons and they paid off. If that happens more often than not he's doing OK.

I still predict major glory this season after this stop-start first third of the season. The new lads are starting to integrate, the big names are coming back and we are progressing as a squad. I want Pellegrini to move on within the CFG group in the summer with the club's most successful ever season under his belt. I still think it's going to happen.
All agreed save that his bad decisions should not be put down to luck.
Last night, his substitutions were just about perfect. KDB looked tired and frustrated. Navas came on and frightened them to death. Hence, the to Sterling goals originating from the right side of the attack.

Agree, I think last night, the buzz of finishing top will have a huge impact on us, I expect us to go on a run now, we still have Kompany and Aguero to come back, when they are, our squad surpasses any in the league by some distance.

I think it's obvious the manager will be gone at the end of the season, so let's enjoy him whilst he's here, and appreciate what he's done for us so far.

Agree, I think last night, the buzz of finishing top will have a huge impact on us, I expect us to go on a run now, we still have Kompany and Aguero to come back, when they are, our squad surpasses any in the league by some distance.

I think it's obvious the manager will be gone at the end of the season, so let's enjoy him whilst he's here, and appreciate what he's done for us so far.

Last night was just the lift that the whole club needed. Fans, players, management...everyone. It was awful driving to the stadium listening to GMR and hearing how may fans have lost the plot this season. It was like nobody was prepared to see the difficult circumstances we have been operating under for the last couple of months. But as you say, we must get on a run now.

Yep. It doesn't matter whether you think Pellers is the reincarnation of the living Christ or a senile old goat as chances are he will be gone at season end so who bleeding cares. Our only concern is that he signs off with a couple of trophies in the bag, which is highly likely even if we are making it unduly difficult for ourselves currently.

We didn't get it right in the first half - it was as bad as I've seen us for a while. It was also Debruynes worse performance since he signed so not sure what game he was running.
Agree with the rest though.

What by not getting carried away and declaring mp a great manager based on one result?
No, by always looking to say I told you so. Should we win the league this season, which I think we will, l look forward to reading your post on the rest were cap or it was despite the manager.I have no axe to grind with you personally, but the way you post you seem to be looking backwards all the time.

No, by always looking to say I told you so. Should we win the league this season, which I think we will, l look forward to reading your post on the rest were cap or it was despite the manager.I have no axe to grind with you personally, but the way you post you seem to be looking backwards all the time.
See I would suggest I was looking forward. My problem with mp is a lack of progress especially in terms of our performances. We have not improved defensively for instance in his time here. i honestly don't see how he had added to the team. What I mean is he still seems to rely on us having better players than the other team and when that isn't enough we get beat or drop points. I don't see that changing and so I don't think you can win trophies as a consequence. We have likewise spent money on players but still rely on silva yaya aguero and vk too heavily. That shouldn't be the case given our investment. Maybe I am naive or greedy but I think we should be closer to the dominance other clubs have shown in their domestic leagues and be in a situation where we are beating europes top clubs in the big games. I'm very happy we topped the group but we never looked like beating juve in either game and really they are a better barometer than last night. It might make me seem mega negative but I think it's more about being ambitious and competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.