Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the City Chelsea game in August in a pub in Gran Canaria. There was a family of dippers at the next table who gave him dogs abuse and creamed themselves when he missed a (difficult half) chance. Their attitude seems to have been encouraged by the Scouse mafia in the media. I really hope that Sterling finishes the season with some silverware. A medal in the League Cup final (with due respect to Everton as we are not there yet) would be a great start.

If Liverpool win the League cup the shit Sterling will get from the media will be epic. I really hope he finishes the season with a premier league winners medal to shut the cunts up.

There's a Memphis v Sterling thread on ragcafe and I think Raheem has had more consistent support on there than he has on here.
That wouldn't be difficult! It depresses me how many "supporters" at the stadium get on his back at the slightest error, almost invariably the fee comes into it too, the clubs set the fee not the player.

He is still learning the game and one thing I would really like him to do is to trust his left foot a bit, go down the outside more often and make defenders think. Right now they almost queue up waiting for him to cut inside. I wouldn't play him on the right though, that would make his play even more predictable.

That wouldn't be difficult! It depresses me how many "supporters" at the stadium get on his back at the slightest error, almost invariably the fee comes into it too, the clubs set the fee not the player.

He is still learning the game and one thing I would really like him to do is to trust his left foot a bit, go down the outside more often and make defenders think. Right now they almost queue up waiting for him to cut inside. I wouldn't play him on the right though, that would make his play even more predictable.

He is a world class player in the making who puts a shift in defensively.

He's fucking brilliant. Better than Hazard, Sanchez and Ribery at a similar age. Has so much tactical intelligence, and is improving with each game.

Was it Wio who said recently that Aguero was the most difficult striker to play against because he is more than willing to run on either side whereas someone like Suarez tries to cut into his right every time?

There are plenty of great players who only used their weaker foot to stand on but Raheem's not going to make things easier for defenders if he picked up some of Sergio's fearlessness.

I'd say he's on his way to becoming a great player. He is inconsistent at times but thats expected, especially when they team isn't in the best of form.

The two areas I feel he needs to improve on mostly are his close ball control as he is noticeably less technical than Silva or Nasri in tight spaces (most players are) and the main one for me is he needs to be less hesitant when a decision needs to be made.

Often he gets to the edge of the box running at a defender and seems to just stumble into them without really committing to either taking them on or passing / shooting or he makes a very predictable cut inside and gets intercepted.

I think these will improve as he matures and becomes more confident in his ability but him becoming more confident will be key to his development so its important he gets the support he needs.

Its imperitive eveeyone keep their feet on the ground and dont go overboard with praises, because its better to keep expectations low rather than calling him shit wgen bad performances come by, no doubt about his ability, hope he works harder and improve further in terms of consistentancy which i am hopeful he will with time

He's 21. He's 21 and waves his left foot like a magic wand. He receives a precise back heel from a 21 years old lad who executes superbly the magical orchestrations of our number 21. A privileged talented 21yo lad playing the magic football of Merlin, may he continue his learning. Equaliser was a left footer goal with the subtlety of el Mago.

He's fucking brilliant. Better than Hazard, Sanchez and Ribery at a similar age. Has so much tactical intelligence, and is improving with each game.
I love the guy, but Sanchez, and especially Hazard were brilliant at 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.