Club Badge (merged)

Agree. Would like to see someone put one in the middle of this shirt and replace the Umbro with Nike.... PLEASE!! That would be Colin Bell esque...

yalcin-dumer_442.jpg

I'm no Gav, but something like this?

tevez_new_badge.png

Prefer the current badge in truth and "voted" to keep the current badge on the survey but i'm not particularly bothered either way. Even though i'm not really a fan of it, It looks alright and i'm fine with it if that is indeed the new badge, the way the badge looks is ultimately insignificant. I don't buy into the whole "the badge represents the identity of the club" thinking. The whole club has changed in the last few years and there's very little "identity" left anyway.

Quite funny to see all the moaning though, when the survey about changing the badge was sent out i predicted we'd get a shit tonne of people moaning and not liking it because they'll come up with a design that's worse than the current badge. and whilst the design isn't as bad as i anticipated the moaning has still begun. This thread is about to get interesting.

4ae485c32636422f9acabed8124d74e7.jpg

This all day long.........

I agree totally, this effort I like very much FWIW.

Can't believe how bang average (at best) the 'official' new badge looks. In fact the longer I look at it the worse it gets. How much are we paying these guys for this very average creation? I can only think they have tried to please everyone and fallen well short in the process!

Last edited:
Another mock-up

NMstPNp.jpg
This badge in the monochrome black looks beautiful, I'm impressed. Makes me feel a bit better about what we can expect now, but I don't like 1894 like that at all so I hope it's been incorporated in a better way - even if its just small in the detail. I can imagine the club having decided to have the text like that, as has been discussed before - our global image is "City". Also fits with the CFG masterplan nicely.

Has whoever designed this done the rivers in blue because they won't work otherwise? I'd like to see it in blue and white (like the current) if anyone is kind enough to oblige.

Also, re: people talking about the space around the shield inside the circle - has anyone tried an actual circle instead of roundel? So the shield really would be central then.

EDIT: Only just seen the news of the leak. They have royally screwed this up, there's no way they'd purposefully leak anything a few days before to gauge reaction and if the IPO weren't in on it (no chance) they'd have to pay to trademark a leak which is a massive effort.

To me this proves the consultation was a load of bollocks. There was no option at all for 1894 and that shield is neither the current or old one - what the feckery. The design itself would be great without the 1894 but the colour scheme seems off. Not sure about the blue rivers/shield, might grow on me, makes sense (it represents water). The shield is dodgy.

Last edited:
That is about as bad as it could get, utter utter dogshit, must be a piss take, did I mis the CBeebies competition?

Not old school not modern just childlike

Has @GeekinGav Deleted the majority of his images from this thread?

I would say I have seen at least 20 designs which I much preferred over the one being mooted
Did a child design that fucking mess, trying to please everyone the royalty fucked it up. There's a few designed on here that look more professional than that. No Football club as well ? Pathetic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.