Sleep

I work 3 earlies(up at 4am) ,3 lates (until 11pm),then 3 off ,im fucked :), I never have moe than about 4 hours kip ,ive got eye bags like fucking rucksacks ahahahaa

I work 3 earlies(up at 4am) ,3 lates (until 11pm),then 3 off ,im fucked :), I never have moe than about 4 hours kip ,ive got eye bags like fucking rucksacks ahahahaa

Same here.

I do a week of earlies (earliest 03:45 start) followed by a week of lates (02:29 latest finish). Couple that with different days off every week and it's amazing I get 4-5 hours really

Wife's just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and had to give up work because she can't drive.

Really does my head in tbh. I'm heading out to work and she's asleep on the sofa and the 3 year old is watching tv. Annoying but not her fault.
Hopefully she'll get treatment for it soon.

Exercise and a clean diet will have you sleeping 8 hours a night within a week. No caffeine after 5 and no food after 8 works a treat for me. Like somebody else said, turn off all devices, try not to excite your brain with films, misic, social media etc.

I suffered chronically with insomnia for about 10 years until I started cleaning my lifestyle up. Now I can't wait to crawl into bed and I'm flat out within 10 minutes. Feel your pain though mate as the frustrations your going through are bloody awful and it's a vicious cycle to break.

Also try getting up as early as possible so quite simply you're more tired at night. Best thing I ever did was change my alarm to 5am, get the jobs done early morning before work that you would normally do at night. After seeing numerous doctors, therapists etc it really is just about getting yourself in a healthy, balanced routine, rewiring your head and rearranging how you use your 24 hours in a day.

Hope this helps.

Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride made by Cresent. £1.60 for 20 x 25mg or £3 odd for 20 x 50mg. You can get it at Tesco but only in the pharmacy and they give you the usual 3rd degree ;

Is it for yourself ? (yes), Have you taken it before ? (yes), How long ago ? (not for a couple of months, lie), On any other meds ? (no, lie), You realise this is short term and we cant keep selling it to you ? (Yes, thats why I go to a different Tesco to get it as well). Dont say the last bit.

It is an old style antihistamine that is no longer prescribed as such because it made people so drowsy. Now sold as a sleep aid and anybody that I have recommended it to has said that it has helped them tremendously. I have had sleepers from the doctor in the past but they make me feel terrible. These make me feel a little groggy when first awake but fine once out of bed and had a brew.

Please try them, think they are great.
Restavit and Polaramine are the two here you can buy over the counter that are old style antihistamine. I sleep pretty well so I only ever have them if flying Singapore - Sydney overnight in cattle. My wife takes them every few weeks of her thyroid is playing up. They can make you pretty drowsy the next morning meaning a long shower and two coffees can be called for.

For me it was a number of things.
I cannot sleep if my feet are cold, also sonetimes have a hot water bottle.I also need a pillow between my knees if you smoke weed a spliff before bed is no good .And obviously tea and coffee do not help.

1) Switch off - an hour before you actually get in bed to sleep.
So no watching tv, gaming and social media.

2) Sleepphones. They sell earphones within an head band on Amazon.
Standard earphones can be used but the Main benefit is to then search on YouTube for:
* Sleep Hypnosis
* White Noise for sleep
* OCEAN WAVE SOUNDS
* Guided Meditation

There's thousands of audio files on YouTube for aiding in sleep.
This helps me, but yea the Bluetooth earphones for sleep are much comfier.

I use my smartphone for the YouTube app and also for a consistent alarm.

DIET....

* avoid carbs such as pasta/potatoes/rice late at night. If you get hungry late, stick to protein such as cottage cheese, and or nibble on Almonds... Still hungry? Fill up on water.

Fresh AIR...

Get yourself an hot water bottle to keep warm, but also open up your window and allow fresh air.
Along with the fresh air, buy some Vicks vapour rub, placing it on a small cloth which you can keep near your nose to aid in breathing.

Lie on your back, uncross your legs, arms at your side, and keep your body flat rather than having loads of pillows propping up your head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.