Sleep

a year ago something changed and I haven't been able to sleep more than 3-4h max. Funny thing is that it doesn't bother me, don't feel tired and I haven't noticed any decline in mental sharpness.
Only get bored a lot.

How does this work then?

If I have more than 2 or 3 glasses of wine my quality of sleep is dreadful. But, the following night I sleep like a log.
Well it usually works as a depressant for most people but for some it's a stimulant. You're probably in that small minority that finds it hard to sleep on the night of drinking itself. It has a reverse effect on your nervous system meaning you sleep well the night after. Insomnia for those the night(s) after drinking is when it has worked as a depressant on their nervous system. It's well documented that heavy drinking on a weekend can cause two or three days of bad sleep.

Well it usually works as a depressant for most people but for some it's a stimulant. You're probably in that small minority that finds it hard to sleep on the night of drinking itself. It has a reverse effect on your nervous system meaning you sleep well the night after. Insomnia for those the night(s) after drinking is when it has worked as a depressant on their nervous system. It's well documented that heavy drinking on a weekend can cause two or three days of bad sleep.

That sounds about right. Alcohol does not have depressive effect on me but it does interfere with my sleep. Isn't strange the way that you assume that everyone is the same as you when apparently you are in the minority.

Try this - lights off , relax. Play this , not too loud, in the background. Induces the deepest of sleeps.

Watching the ITV programme tonight as I have sleep problems. Nothing major but mainly on a Sunday night/Monday morning. Sometimes it's 4am before I finally drop off.
Does anyone else have a problem with it?

My problem is not so much falling asleep, but I've started waking around 4am and then really struggle to get back to sleep. Eventually I'll fall back into a deep sleep around half six, only to have to get up half an hour later feeling absolutely wrecked. It's doing my head in to be honest.

My problem is not so much falling asleep, but I've started waking around 4am and then really struggle to get back to sleep. Eventually I'll fall back into a deep sleep around half six, only to have to get up half an hour later feeling absolutely wrecked. It's doing my head in to be honest.
I find this happens every so often normally when the m shattered I get to sleep only to wake no more than 2 hours later and then I'm wide awake for a good few hours.

The secret is to get up when you wake up. You will adjust over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.