Jihadi John Song

I can't believe people are actually sharing this. They targeted Charlie Hebdo for making fun of their prophet, you don't think some nutcase whether associated with any radical organisation or not won't get worked up about certain fans singing like this about the death of a high ranking soldier in THAT organisation. In seriously bad taste and very stupid, take some consideration for us all eh.

I'm not being mard but people get worked up enough over football, don't bring that fucking shit into it as well.

@LoveCity I appreciate all the news and everything else you bring us but I really hope you take that tweet down on City Watch.

Don't think I even need to mention that lots of them openly use Twitter in that organisation as well.

No apology needed, I understood the gist and I agree. There's nothing disrespectful in it. But sadly, other fans are quick to say 'City fans singing about Paris Attacks' (because they didn't or chose not to hear all the lyrics) and then call up talk shows saying 'City fans chanting about Paris'. Then of course, if you try to explain to people what the chat really is and write down the words, or show them the infamous video, it doesn't really help all that much!

I personally just hope it disappears and it's put down to 'seemed a good idea at the time' moment.

I can't see this chant being widely adopted though. It will most likely be persisted with by a minority just to try and prove a point that 'they can'. C'est la vie.

For people that were not there they are not aware just how widely adopted it was today, like i said, it started off as a small group but it very quickly spread. Probably more than any other new song has since the Otamendi one and by the second half it had spread to the terraces. It started the day with a handful that were singing it, grew to the group of a hundred or so at halftime to a significant section of the away support by the second half to the point where it was most probably audible throughout most if not the entire ground.

It will get a loud rendition at West Ham. That's pretty much guaranteed now after the attention it's already got and the link to the West Ham song, then after that the lads that started it will no doubt move on and will of started half a dozen new songs and won't be starting that anymore. It's then just a question of how many of the people that joined in would be willing to carry it on and start it themselves. My guess is it will be heard fairly regularly for the probably the rest of the season given the attention on ISIS right now.

The thousands of Blues making the trips to Everton and Norwich sang their / our hearts out with traditional songs for most of the games.

It's sad that you are trying to play the race / gender card to smear our own fans. We will get on with supporting the team!

That's just madness, and again you know it.
The point is, you can't get away with 99% good so 1% bad is ok. The 1% bad is not ok. Nobody trying to smear anybody, you're just attempting to discredit the legitimacy of my point. My point is that 1% bad - be it racism, sexism, homophobic, tragedy mocking doesn't become acceptable just because 99% of other stuff is ok. That's not accusing anybody of racism, sexism etc. It's an ILLUSTRATION of examples of unacceptable behaviour.

I know the people who created the song and the people singing the song. They're all decent lads. They're not the type of people some on here are claiming them to be purely based on them singing one song. They don't go out looking for trouble or anything like that, they go home and away every game and simply enjoy a good piss up and like to sing songs. When you're sat on a coach pissed up for 6 hours, some ill-advised songs are often created. Usually they stay on the coach but on occasions they'll get an outing at the match and then generally tail off when they sober up and realise it's not that great. This is nothing new and there's certainly been a lot worse songs in the past. The outrage on here is way over the top, labelling blues as brain dead, pond life and scum amongst other things is more offensive than the actual song imo. Are some people really calling for banning orders because of what is basically just an insensitive song that mocks a dead ISIS member?

If people don't like it, don't sing it and it will die out, Or better still, if you really feel that strongly about it, sing over them and drown it out.

I suppose we have to have something to moan about, seeing as for the first time this season we can have no complaints on the pitch.

You brain dead pond life scum.

The point is, you can't get away with 99% good so 1% bad is ok. The 1% bad is not ok. Nobody trying to smear anybody, you're just attempting to discredit the legitimacy of my point. My point is that 1% bad - be it racism, sexism, homophobic, tragedy mocking doesn't become acceptable just because 99% of other stuff is ok. That's not accusing anybody of racism, sexism etc. It's an ILLUSTRATION of examples of unacceptable behaviour.

I'm more interested in the fantastic performances from Kelechi and Fernando than your race / gender card waving.

The best part of 3,000 Blues in Norwich today and not a sniff of tension between the fans.

Thank you Norwich for being tremendous hosts yet again!

Last edited:
images

I must be missing something here.

It's a crap song mocking a dead Jihadi... so what?

Is it a tasteless song? Yeah, it is. Is it worth this massive over reaction? No.

You get 45,000 people from different walks of life in a stadium, half of them pissed out their heads, some of them are obviously going to be idiots.

I once heard someone call John Terry a **** but I didn't have a mental break down about it.

John Terry is indeed a ****.

My main issue with it is that it's a West Ham song with right-wing associations, and fuck all to do with Manchester City.

But surely if you weigh up the aims of events like the Paris attacks, mockery is a fucking cracking response?

I can't believe people are actually sharing this. They targeted Charlie Hebdo for making fun of their prophet, you don't think some nutcase whether associated with any radical organisation or not won't get worked up about certain fans singing like this about the death of a high ranking soldier in THAT organisation. In seriously bad taste and very stupid, take some consideration for us all eh.

I'm not being mard but people get worked up enough over football, don't bring that fucking shit into it as well.

Disagree with some of this.
Again, putting the chant to one side - we can't keep running scared of terrorism and not mention it for fear of reprisals - but that's just my view. I can understand others wanting to avoid drawing attention. The thing I'd say though is that ultimately it's something we all have to stand up to one way or another, otherwise they WILL win. But I'm talking about a much wider principle here, not the chant.

The vast majority of us sang the French National Anthem in support of Paris - either we are in solidarity with them, or we're not. If we ARE in solidarity with them, then we are already targets. Unless of course we just 'say' we are, whilst secretly we don't want to stand up and be counted and daren't say another about terrorism lest we provoke them.

I do agree with you on the 'no real need to bring it into football' part though. Most of us just want to watch football match when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.