Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well but not a fan of him being out wide. Needs must to win some trophies this season but hopefully pep has him plying more centrally next season

I think he's more effective out wide. I remember the Newcastle game when he played centrally and we were awful. When Navas came on and Silva moved to the centre with KDB to the left, we looked much better and battered them.

I think he's more effective out wide. I remember the Newcastle game when he played centrally and we were awful. When Navas came on and Silva moved to the centre with KDB to the left, we looked much better and battered them.
First half we had no width though. Silva isn't a winger & Sterling cuts inside more often than not. I'd argue Navas coming on had a bigger effect in that match than KdB going out wide. For example the Everton match (0-0) we had him out wide first half & were poor; 2nd half we switched him to centre with Sterling/Navas as wide men & we were far, far better. I'm in the Silva/KdB are best central camp (hence we're better with 1 on the pitch IMO).

First half we had no width though. Silva isn't a winger & Sterling cuts inside more often than not. I'd argue Navas coming on had a bigger effect in that match than KdB going out wide. For example the Everton match (0-0) we had him out wide first half & were poor; 2nd half we switched him to centre with Sterling/Navas as wide men & we were far, far better. I'm in the Silva/KdB are best central camp (hence we're better with 1 on the pitch IMO).

I'd largely agree though i think KDB is more suited to playing wide than Silva. I'd rather have Navas and Sterling or KDB wide with Silva central.

He has more weapons then Silva to score goals. To take full advantage of that he should play central. He would score twice as much.

But he is tired now and out of form. It is because he is used having a winterbreak to reload

Zabba seemed to be keeping an eye on him and getting a bit more out of him, he was getting closer to opponents closing down
The third goal was an excellent team goal top quality from all involved

Zabba seemed to be keeping an eye on him and getting a bit more out of him, he was getting closer to opponents closing down
The third goal was an excellent team goal top quality from all involved
I noticed Zab clapping his hands and shouting some encouraging words to Kev when they teamed up to snuff out an attack down our right side which resulted in a corner for Palace.

I noticed Zab clapping his hands and shouting some encouraging words to Kev when they teamed up to snuff out an attack down our right side which resulted in a corner for Palace.

He was applauding KDB's effort to close down the other man down our right flank. KDB sprinted 40 yards to help Zabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.