German leisure centre bans all migrants after a schoolgirl was sexually assaulted

We've got a lovely couple from Dubai who've moved in on our leafy Cheshire avenue, regular mosque goers. Never felt in danger of being raped or violated by them.

I grew up nextdoor to a lovely Iraqi family, wife was a Christian, husband was a Shia. Neither were particularly religious, both were educated. I grew up playing with their grandson.

Doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that there is an issue with immigration from that nation, and others like it, into the EU. Culturally and religiously these nations are very different from ours, mass immigration from these places can bring with it serious social issues.

Especially if most of the migrants are unskilled young men, who hold highly backwards views about women - doubly so if they're non Muslim women.

Your comment is a poor riposte that seeks to gloss over this issue as if it's just the blanket demonisation of all Muslims borne out of bigotry.

It's not. It's a very real and literal problem that is causing issues in Europe at present, as evidenced by the example in the OP.

I was speaking to a Syrian on reddit recently, who sought asylum in the Netherlands early in the war in Syria, and he himself said he felt that the situation had grown out of control, even stating that he felt in danger from other migrants/refugees. He acknowledged all the problems that mass migration from Middle Eastern and North African nations bring with them, particularly re integration and assimilation. He expressed despair and frustration that he knew of many migrants who hadn't gone to anywhere near the lengths he had to assimilate into the Netherlands, and instead held an often insular and entitled attitude. He explicitly acknowledged the reality that misogyny is more common among said people.

It seems only the regressive left are struggling to address and confront this issue.

Which is ironic, because while the left at large is so reticent to go near this topic the whole debate is being dominated by the far right. The cowardice of the left is directly strengthening the far right.

Which is clearly not a good thing.

It seems we have growing polar opposite political extremes dominating the discourse.

If you're a denier of inconvenient or uncomfortable truths, then you're part of the problem. Likewise, if you just can't stand brown people.

Accept Europe has a problem, discuss it even handledly and openly. Then we can bring about changes which will end these issues, and help the people who need helping - to a degree which will be hopefully brought about by some kind of consensus rather than the brow beating of one political extreme or the other.

I grew up nextdoor to a lovely Iraqi family, wife was a Christian, husband was a Shia. Neither were particularly religious, both were educated. I grew up playing with their grandson.

Doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that there is an issue with immigration from that nation, and others like it, into the EU. Culturally and religiously these nations are very different from ours, mass immigration from these places can bring with it serious social issues.

Especially if most of the migrants are unskilled young men, who hold highly backwards views about women - doubly so if they're non Muslim women.

Your comment is a poor riposte that seeks to gloss over this issue as if it's just the blanket demonisation of all Muslims borne out of bigotry.

It's not. It's a very real and literal problem that is causing issues in Europe at present, as evidenced by the example in the OP.

I was speaking to a Syrian on reddit recently, who sought asylum in the Netherlands early in the war in Syria, and he himself said he felt that the situation had grown out of control, even stating that he felt in danger from other migrants/refugees. He acknowledged all the problems that mass migration from Middle Eastern and North African nations bring with them, particularly re integration and assimilation. He expressed despair and frustration that he knew of many migrants who hadn't gone to anywhere near the lengths he had to assimilate into the Netherlands, and instead held an often insular and entitled attitude. He explicitly acknowledged the reality that misogyny is more common among said people.

It seems only the regressive left are struggling to address and confront this issue.

Which is ironic, because while the left at large is so reticent to go near this topic the whole debate is being dominated by the far right. The cowardice of the left is directly strengthening the far right.

It seems we have growing polar opposite political extremes dominating the discourse.

If you're a denier of inconvenient or uncomfortable truths, then you're part of the problem. Likewise, if you just can't stand brown people.

Accept Europe has a problem, discuss it even handledly and openly. Then we can bring about changes which will end these issues, and help the people who need helping - to a degree which will be hopefully brought about by some kind of consensus rather than the brow beating of one political extreme or the other.

I think everyone recognises the issue but even then there are two extremes , one side saying we need to invest and do this properly, Ie aid assimilation and the other side saying it's not worth trying, there is an inherent problem with these people , we have our own problems send them back.

There is not enough discussion from the left I agree and there is not enough standing up for what is right and indeed proudly speaking up for taking responsibility, for fairness for proper values ahead of consumerism and for the fact we hold responsibility for what we have done in the Middle East.

Where I disagree is I think this argument is not left and right it is the extremes of left and right against the centre. I also think even if people agree on the issue they will be diametrically opposed as to what the cause of the issue is and how to solve it.

Take the discussion on shit holes in the north west. It was implied they were shit because of immigration, I would suggest immigrants go/are sent there because it is cheap and they were already shit due to economic factors. The common factor is poor run down areas which have experienced economic decline and not the immigrants. How to solve the issue well you could invest and try to improve those areas and try to create jobs if you blame poverty that is. If you blame immigrants the solution would be very different

Last edited:
So are you an economic migrant?
I'd love to know where you think you're going with this?

I've stated I'm an economic migrant lots of times and I'm also heavily in favour of economic migration.

As I stated before, which you ignored, you labelled someone else's quote as mine and you've backed yourself into a corner, so what point are you trying to make? It may be easier for you to just hold your hand up and admit you cocked up quoting me.

We only have the right type of immigrants in leafy Cheshire.

I'd love to know where you think you're going with this?

I've stated I'm an economic migrant lots of times and I'm also heavily in favour of economic migration.

As I stated before, which you ignored, you labelled someone else's quote as mine and you've backed yourself into a corner, so what point are you trying to make? It may be easier for you to just hold your hand up and admit you cocked up quoting me.

I literally have fuck all clue what you are on about.

What bloody quote are you on about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.