[Official] Guardiola to manage City next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter said on talkshite this morning that the Nevilles were doing a great job at Valencia.....bit of a comedian on the quiet.

He said on the podcast about 4 weeks ago that he was nailed on rags as he always wanted to be their manager

No he didn't. This is what he said.

Anyone who predicts what Pep Guardiola will or won’t do is either a fool or is unwary about his own reputation because Pep is highly highly individualistic and idiosyncratic and therefore I am not going to sit here and tell you what he’s going to do next. IN MY OPINION, and there’s no point in messing about because this is a City podcast, IN MY OPINION he wants to manage at Old Trafford. It is my opinion, and i don’t mind if and when he is the next City manager you can put me back on the podcast and I’ll say 'gosh my opinion was wrong'. I ain’t selling it you as a newstory or a fact, just my opinion.

The reaction from bitter rival fans is hilarious. Saw one comment under a BBC article saying 'City have no long term strategy'.

How many years down the line will people stop trotting out the 'no plan other than buying players' line? What does the club have to do? Being part of a worldwide football group with reach all over the globe isn't enough. Building a world class training facility for young players isn't enough. Attracting investment at unheard of levels from China isn't enough. Getting the world's most wanted coach isn't enough.

I bet if we built a man made island which became a sovereign state, started a breeding programme designed to produce world class athletes and then built a team of said athletes, staffed the whole club from the population of the island and won the Eurovisoon song contest there would still be idiots claiming there was no long term plan!

No he didn't. This is what he said.
"If the cards fall his way, his wish is to sample life at Manchester United for a variety of reasons... when he’s come back to Manchester subsequently he’s looked at the Old Trafford atmosphere, the legends and he has felt ‘this is right for me’.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.