Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

It doesnt change at all. Its fairly simple, if you score more away goals than the other team when the aggregate scores are level, you go through. So if they win 2-0, the score would be 3-3 overall and as we had scored 1 more away goal, we would go through.

In the Capital One cup, away goals only count after extra time, that is the only variation I know of.
Right brilliant haha, thank you. It has always confused me, I don't doubt il be asking again next year. What a result last night was.

It is a mystery to me that Kolarov is still at the club. You watch, he will play out of his skin for a couple of weeks any time now and people will start to give him the benefit of the doubt, yet again.

Yes, he was never good enough, and he's fading too. On the plus side, it's brilliant to see Clichy back to his best form. Everyone's spent all season talking about the absence of our biggest names, but Clichy has been as big a miss as them in some ways.

Kiev weren't Barca but they are not the mugs the media are making out.

When the rags were getting run ragged by Midgetland, it was because of the advantage of the winter break. Now we batter Kiev, it's because of the disadvantage of the winter break.
Only seen one Utd game this year so can't comment about their performances. Not sure if the long lay off had an impact on Kiev or not. However, it would be unwise to believe that they are anything other than a very ordinary team. Fair play to the lads for putting them to the sword in a ruthless fashion but lets not get carried away. The next two games will be a much tougher proposition and we will need to produce performances on par with last nights.

Only seen one Utd game this year so can't comment about their performances. Not sure if the long lay off had an impact on Kiev or not. However, it would be unwise to believe that they are anything other than a very ordinary team. Fair play to the lads for putting them to the sword in a ruthless fashion but lets not get carried away. The next two games will be a much tougher proposition and we will need to produce performances on par with last nights.

Oh I wouldn't deny that they are nothing special. But I bet they'd give Spurs, Leicester or Arsenal a game & beat the rags & Liverpool & if any of those beat them 3-1, we wouldn't be hearing about 'winter breaks'.

formation worked last night,because fernandinho is world class,you can stick him in any position and he will do his role well ,He broke up numerous attacks high up the pitch especially in the first half.This added protection helped stop fernando getting swamped and could do his role more competently than many think he is capable of.Although yaya won't run for 90 mins ,he showed more interest and flew into a few challenges without staying on his arse.That is the frustrating thing about this season ,if we showed the same application from 1-11 we would of won more points ,even taking baffling formations and injuries into the equation .For me the season hinges on sunday.If we win a cup ,stay in the top four and progress to minimum the last 8 in the champs league ,i would call it a success .

Here is the link to the RTE post match analysis, I don't have the words to describe it....

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/uefa-champions-league-extras-30003372/10535552/
A blunt analysis but there is more than a grain of truth in it. We have under achieved for most of the season and we should not be losing at home on a regular basis as has been the case and off the pace. One good performance against a poor Kiev does not make us world beaters. On this forum too many people focus on the latest result. Win and we are on our way to world domination and lose its all doom and gloom. The three guys on the panel you could argue have an agenda in particular that bitter fucker Brady but they do make some valid points and sometimes the truth hurts.

a bit brutal that RTE analysis, some valid points but a bit too harsh i feel. But its born of jealousy isnt it :-)

i guess we need to start getting used to being heavily criticised now that we are officially a MASSIVE club and under constant scrutiny :-)

No extra time please I have work on Monday and live in Newcastle sl lets just do the bin dippers in normal time eh

Whats all this crap about resting players. They are atheletes and should be capable of playing three times a week so I don't hold with the theory of resting players. Play your strongest team at all times if you want to win everything.

I meant Liverpool going to extra time tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.