Rhodes, Middleton

They sure as hell locked theirs!
I wouldn't have bothered, it takes about 40 seconds to get from one end of (Middleton side) to the other (Heaton park)

You're right about the flats at Baguley crescent though. They were up for sale for around 30,000 not long ago. Know a couple of lads who bought, made their money back in 6 months and sold them on again..

Grew up on Langley but haven't lived there for 23 years now. Regularly go back up and Rhodes is a nicer part of the area.

Wilton Arms is a nice little pub, certainly better than the Who'da!!!!!

Who'da has gone mate.

Now a convenience store.

Rhodes is ok, plenty of blues there. Like all places a few parts good a few parts bad.

I live on Baguley Crescent, i was in the middle and it was vile but moved to Heywood Court at the entrance of Baguley crescent and its alot better, Wilton my local, great lads who've been there years , made to feel very welcome by locals and now regular

An estate agent has found me a place on Heywood Court amongst others. I grew up in Langley, lived in Longsight as a student and now reside in an unfasionable part of East London so I'm hardly naive as to what goes on out there. There's lots of property in Heywood, Rochdale and other areas but Midd is about as far out as I'd consider for the moment. 36 with no kids btw.

I knew the Who'da on Wood Street well enough. If I'd stay at my grandparents then we'd do a pub crawl down and up Wood Street. The Woodman too etc. I hadn't ever expected to return but life throws up surprises...

Albion always been me. Fold is an official supporters club. We are more stand alone.

144 of us going on Sunday.

Talking of Rhodes,do any of our older Bluemooners from Middleton remember "The Colossus of Rhodes" which was the huge 350 ft chimney stack that towered over that part of Middleton. It was demolished in 1981 but was a familiar landmark to all who drove down Manchester Old Road on the way into/leaving Middleton town centre. I used to go swimming in the nearby reservoir in Alkrington Woods during the hot summers of 1975 and 1976 as I was too tight to pay the entrance fee into Middleton Baths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.