Rhodes, Middleton

peoffrey

Team supported
Wales
Anyone know the area? I'm looking at either buying or renting a place in Manchester within the next few months and Rhodes looks affordable. I grew up in Midd (Wood Street in Langley) but left in 1996 and would be a tourist if I came back now.

Major plusses will be reasonable transport links in to town, shops, a pub or two and it being safe enough.

What do you mean by affordable Peoffrey?
The area around Kings drive is nice but pricey .
The area near the Wilton pub is cheaper and less desirable.

Loads of terraced houses. Drove through there yesterday actually and there were a fair few with letting signs up. You might be better looking nearer to Mills Hill station. Less than 10 minutes to Victoria from there and a couple of pubs close by. It's also far enough out of Midd to avoid the nobheads. You'd be looking at somewhere between £400/500 pcm for a two bedroom.

used to watch away games in the Gardeners but got pissed off cos we were always on the small shite telly when we were both on at same time so fucked it off,always thought Rhodes was generally ok

Grew up on Langley but haven't lived there for 23 years now. Regularly go back up and Rhodes is a nicer part of the area.

Wilton Arms is a nice little pub, certainly better than the Who'da!!!!!

Anyone know the area? I'm looking at either buying or renting a place in Manchester within the next few months and Rhodes looks affordable. I grew up in Midd (Wood Street in Langley) but left in 1996 and would be a tourist if I came back now.

Major plusses will be reasonable transport links in to town, shops, a pub or two and it being safe enough.
Lived in that area for quite a few years in my in my younger days but no idea whether it's changed much. It used to be fine. The Wilton was OK as a local. I'd sqy it was OK for transport links into Manchester but not the best. Buses only, no Metrolink or train service. A few local shops and you're close enough to Middleton. Avoid the Baguley Crescent flats but the Boardman/Ellis Lane area is almost like living in the country.

Personally I'd go for the area around Heaton Park met station/Whitaker Lane but it's probably a bit pricier. Some nice little Victorian/Edwardian terraced houses and quiet streets just off Bury Old Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.