The Junior Blues.....

I was a junior blue in the late 90's, got laughed at by the Rags for wearing my Junior Blues jumper on non-uniform day.

Who's laughing now you cunts?

God, this brings back memories. I was a member from the start untill I was about 14, in 1979, IIRC. Still got my autograph book somewhere. Can still remember getting Peter Barnes' signature- totally star struck, he was wearing a white suit!

Does any one here remember the Junior Blues section in the Platt Lane, last block next to the Kippax corner? I used to sit in there with my mates, half the time not watching the game just dicking about watching the fighting in the Kippax (this was before The Cage and segregation) and longing to get in the singing section.

Cup games when the likes of the Rags and Liverpool got that entire corner of the Kippax were great. Giving 'em two fingers and acting like 10 men. I'm sure the Kippax used to acknowledge us at some points of the game and ask us for a chant.

At some point, I graduated to the Kippax, at first with the old fella, then I discovered beer and cigs as did most of my mates. From that point on, I don't think I ever watched a game sober. In fact I still cant do it now!

Happy days.

They were the days!! My dad got all 5 of us(who were old enough) junior blues memberships circa 1981 ish..I was 7 or 8 and it was like winning the lottery. Used to get birthday cards signed by big Joe and uncle Harry Goodwin..I can't tell you the bone on I got when I got my first card in the post. A few years later around 1984 I was one of the kids who held up a welcome back Joe banner ( well, indivisual letters) on the pitch when he came back with Brighton. Also held up a join the junior blues banner too..r kid was about 15 at the time and I was about 11, he felt a right ****, a bit like Rodney Trotter in that groovy gang episode, but my dad made him go. Didnt go to that many meetings on a Sunday morning due to being on the other side of Manchester in Moston, but the ones I did go to were like a episode of crackerjack. I also remember my mates at school being mega jealous that I was in it. Great days.

I am still emotionally scarred by the Junior Blues... You see i sent off for the membership form, but no one in my family would fill it in and pay for it *cries* :(
So i sent off again, still no one would fill it in... and again.. You see the pattern emerging?! I was told what do you want that for, we wouldn't be able to take you to many of the meetings. I said i just want to be a Junior Blue. Complete bastards my family!!!!!!!!

I'm over it now ;)
Ha ha!!! Mate, I don't know how or why my dad joined all us up because he is one tight fucker!! He must of got them in a dodgy way I reckon.

I have copy of one the newsletters they did with two page spread of birthday announcements, Let me know if your interested in it Phil and will send it on

I'm after one newsletter, would be for either late April / May / June / July 1986. Has a photo of the youth team taken at The Swamp before the first leg of the Youth Cup.

Her is a copy of the picture I am after. If anyone can send me a better copy that would be appreciated :)
12819456_1223097057717882_2657034805579242235_o.jpg

Last edited:
Happy birthday to sheryl barber, martyn shepley, Andrew burt, lee jones, nicholas stout, Jonathan sanderson, andrew westrup, David kilburn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.