Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have a limited (term I use very loosely) budget if we don't make the CL, I could find half a dozen other places in the squad I would rather spend 20m. Don't think Hart would stay, either

Stegen said a week or two ago that he wants to play every week and that he'll look at his options if it doesn't happen. If this story is true then Pep has told him he wants him as his no.1 otherwise why leave Barcelona for another bench? Hart won't stick around as a no.2 either so I hope it's just paper bullshit.

£20 m to sit on the bench? I know at barca he only plays cup games but Christ
It's the wrong way to look at this one, mate. He's a very good all round keeper who has played at the highest level at a young age.
You have to ask is he going to make us stronger in that position and for the first time in a few years I think the answer is yes. (By that I mean as a challange to Joe, not replacement)
£20 million, when broke down over a 4/5 ear contract is relatively little in the grand scheme of things.

He's shockingly good at the ball at his feet and of course can make as spectacular saves as Hart, though with him I always felt he is just not as clever when reading the play as, let's say, Neuer, whilst he probably already uses his feet as well as him.

Pep likes a keeper who can play the ball well with his feet. That really isn't Joe's thing. Maybe have them both on the squad and sell Joe at some point for $$$$$.

Pretty much means Hart would be gone next summer IMO.
I've said that I don't think Hart is a Guardiola player as there are key weaknesses in his game, particularly his distribution. And he isn't a kid any more so it's unlikely those are going to be coached out of him. He's a great shot-stopper, passionate and City through and through but I'm not sure that's enough as I don't think he has the intelligence that a really great keeper has.

Pep likes a keeper who can play the ball well with his feet. That really isn't Joe's thing. Maybe have them both on the squad and sell Joe at some point for $$$$$.

Was Valdes particularly notorious for his ball-playing abilties?

Ter Stegen may be a good keeper but playing him, in the expense of Hart, would be terrible. Hart has been consistent performer for us, has been there from the beginning and is captain material. I just can't get my head around him being number 2 because, let's face it, we're surely offering Ter Stegen that because he doesn't like competing with Bravo. Hart will most likely be off to another Premier League club too.

What seperates him from Hart is how comfortable he is with the ball, has an 88% distribution success rate compared to Joe's 58% this season.
Also only punches about 15% of crosses etc that come into his area..Whilst Joe punches 61% of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.