Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Valdes particularly notorious for his ball-playing abilties?

Ter Stegen may be a good keeper but playing him, in the expense of Hart, would be terrible. Hart has been consistent performer for us, has been there from the beginning and is captain material. I just can't get my head around him being number 2 because, let's face it, we're surely offering Ter Stegen that because he doesn't like competing with Bravo. Hart will most likely be off to another Premier League club too.
Valdes was arguably the best in the world with his feet.

If we are going to play the Pep way then either Joe is going to have to miraculously improve or we'll have to replace him with someone who can keep calm and pass it out under pressure. One of those options seems far more likely than the other. Joe's a fantastic keeper and been a great servant for us, but if he doesn't fit into how we want to play then we can't completely change the way we play to just to accommodate him

I'd sanction this move in a heartbeat. Love Joe Hart to pieces, but there can be no room for sentiment in the coming years, Pep's here to win trophies, not romanticise.

End of the day ter Stegen is head and shoulders (excuse the pun) above Joe Hart in practically all areas of goalkeeping, significantly younger, and suits Pep's philosophies.

Valdes was arguably the best in the world with his feet.

He was good on the ball but certainly not on the level of Neuer IMO.

TBH, Hart being 2nd choice and leaving us is a bitter pill to swallow. I don't think Ter-Stegen is even a better goalkeeper than Hart. He's been a great servant for us and seeing him potentially playing for another Premier League club will be hard to take.

Would be a good signing. Top quality back up who could genuinely give Joe a run for his money. Simply put, if it happens he's in a fight to stay number one which can only benefit us.
Or if it happens hart leaves, ter stegen doesn't start as hoped and we don't benefit.

I think 2 or 3 core players are off this summer. Joe could be one.

He was good on the ball but certainly not on the level of Neuer IMO.

TBH, Hart being 2nd choice and leaving us is a bitter pill to swallow. I don't think Ter-Stegen is even a better goalkeeper than Hart. He's been a great servant for us and seeing him potentially playing for another Premier League club will be hard to take.
Agreed I don't like what's happening at this club one bit. Heart and soul seems to be being ripped from it if you ask me.

Agreed I don't like what's happening at this club one bit. Heart and soul seems to be being ripped from it if you ask me.

Or is it a case of the old breed and era being replaced? It's hard to take cause these guys have brought us our first taste of success in decades, but they're not getting any younger, time's change at the end of the day.

I doubt Hart will be sold straight away this summer even if this Ter Stegen deal happens, maybe in summer of 2017 if Hart is reduced to being 2nd choice.

Or is it a case of the old breed and era being replaced? It's hard to take cause these guys have brought us our first taste of success in decades, but they're not getting any younger, time's change at the end of the day.
Hart is 28. Ter Stegen was trying to take the piss out of us at time last season don't need some arrogant **** trying to dribble out with the ball. We have a decent goalkeeper who loves the club that's good enough for me. Remember we've had success with him and he's still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.