What was the atmosphere like v PSG?

Time to get the greasy Scouse **** banned City.

Having a go at the fans that paid his wages for doing fuck all the utter twat.

If we were playing Chelsea in quarters the atmosphere would be another level like Madrid v Barca.

That's exactly what they are doing, it's complete madness

Yes but its cock up rather than conspiracy. They probably thought it was a coup to have Ferdinand and Scholes in the studio at the start of the competition. Now they've lost control of them and the presenters are too weak to keep them in line, even joining in.

But I cant believe that senior BT executives will be happy with the stance they're now taking, never mind encouraging them to turn down the mics. Its complete madness as you say, it cant be deliberate strategy. It might appeal to United fans, but they're probably not going to be watching the SF and F. Any rational broadcaster would now be looking to create a feelgood factor around City.

Apparently UEFA are regretting allowing BT having sole rights, because they're not getting the audiences. They're going to be even more peeved if they discovered that BT were deliberately sabotaging the product.

Yes but its cock up rather than conspiracy. They probably thought it was a coup to have Ferdinand and Scholes in the studio at the start of the competition. Now they've lost control of them and the presenters are too weak to keep them in line, even joining in.

But I cant believe that senior BT executives will be happy with the stance they're now taking, never mind encouraging them to turn down the mics. Its complete madness as you say, it cant be deliberate strategy. It might appeal to United fans, but they're probably not going to be watching the SF and F. Any rational broadcaster would now be looking to create a feelgood factor around City.

Apparently UEFA are regretting allowing BT having sole rights, because they're not getting the audiences. They're going to be even more peeved if they discovered that BT were deliberately sabotaging the product.

It's probably more down to apathy & perhaps wanting to mask the booing of the jingle, rather than sabotage as such. I doubt anyone at BT went to any length to bring accross any kind of 'atmosphere' at our place, just bung a few mics out. Then a bunch of rag & scouse trolls masquerading as pundits stick the knife in because it doesn't come accross. It sounded to me as if someone tried to fix it later.

At Anfield they'll be desperately trying to capture that 'special moment' with all the mics placed perfectly & the faders pushed up. Probably hired Martin Scorsese to direct it.

I didn't even mention a conspiracy, but it doesn't take a media mogul to work out in advance that Wio and Scholes have as much personality as a piece of wood and would turn people off.
Plus they had mcpointyman spouting unnecessary shit which should have been curbed by the producer. Talking to general footie fans yesterday and they think the coverage is appalling and felt it should have been more partisan

I watched the game on BEIN the coverage was great, the atmosphere seemed great ,no empty seats .everyone stayed to the end .the flag waving ect looked spot on as well .

I watched the game on BEIN the coverage was great, the atmosphere seemed great ,no empty seats .everyone stayed to the end .the flag waving ect looked spot on as well .
It's amazing how a lot of the British broadcasters and media failed to notice any of those things really.
Unless they did notice but decided their own narrative was better. But they wouldn't do that would they - surely not..

With BT I think they know we're fairly unpopular with their biggest audience. Liverpool, utd, and Arsenal fans hate us so keeping them happy and the myth of empty seats going is a job well done for them.

I didn't even mention a conspiracy, but it doesn't take a media mogul to work out in advance that Wio and Scholes have as much personality as a piece of wood and would turn people off.
Plus they had mcpointyman spouting unnecessary shit which should have been curbed by the producer. Talking to general footie fans yesterday and they think the coverage is appalling and felt it should have been more partisan

I expect that BT have generally been quite happy having Scholes and Ferdinand on board, mainly because they (especially Scholes) have been so happy to stick the boot into Van Gaal and United. Their criticisms of Van Gaal''s approach have been widely reported creating publicity for BT. I'm sure the producers have been encouraging them "more of the same, please". The trouble is that what makes good telly (ex players unhappy with their former club) just comes across as bitter when directed against a rival. It does seem that whoever is producing the programme doesn't have the nous to realise that subtle difference and the need to modify the tone of the programme once it gets to this stage in the competition.

They're not getting the audiences because of Scholes, Ferdinand, McManaman et al. BT have to grow up, stop being so immature, and realise that United and Liverpool are not in it and stop wheeling out monosyllabic, snide pundits who make sly digs to appease people, who in the main won't be watching, whilst fans of competing clubs like me cancel their subscriptions in favour of finding other methods to watch games they don't attend. I truly hope the twats go the way of Setatnta and ITV Sport because of it.

There was an instance in the first half when Aguero got fouled by their right back and he went straight into a Mic and it didn't even pick it up on the coverage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.