Time catching up with Zabaleta?

Will be interesting to see how many games he starts for the Copa America. I wonder just how much football he's got left in him. I'd rather he play his last match here and then move on to the coaching staff.

4 years at 60k a week means he is no where near thinking about becoming a coach.

I think he has missed a lot of football with bad injuries. He will come good again

For some reason some on here right off players far too quickly, same is being said of Silva. Zab is not having his best season but too early to throw him on the scrap heap

Sent on a small piece of paper attached to the foot of a pidgeon

The Silva comparison is a good one, because for whatever reason, they've both struggled this season.
I don't think anybody's consigning them to the scrap heap, but equally we can't just sit back and hope that everything will suddenly click, when other teams are strengthening in pre season.

At his age he isn't going to get any better. I hope he's still here next season as he's a versatile defensive asset but he isn't the player he was. New fullbacks are probably going to be near the top of the Wish List.

He had a mare of a game yesterday v Pedro
Really felt for the guy on one hand but was screaming for Pellegrini to haul him off for Sagna a good few mins before he did.
He is definitely second best at the moment.
Like many hear I hope he can recover his former game but I am not holding out too much hope.

Think he just wants to get his first team place back. He was ok yesterday.

Sorry but if you thought he was ok yesterday then you are looking through Zaba tinted glasses. He was awful. Had Kolarov been that bad and behaved like Zabaleta did when he was dragged off then there would have been pages of abuse.

Currently his name on the team sheet worries more than anyother. Bony aside.

I hope it's temporary, but his decline is alarming. Sadly he reminds of Gary Neville in his later years.

He's been so combatative, brilliant and a real warrior. Sadly such warriors need rest. He hasn't had any. He's been exceptional for us. For me, it looks like his time is up. I hope not.

I don't want to see his decline, he's been back from injury a few months now, had plenty of game time yet for me is getting worse.

His obvious disgust at Pellegrini was evidence that he has no idea of his worrying form or decline.

That sub yesterday was too late, it was so obvious, he should have been off 15 minutes in. His reaction was as worrying as his performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.