Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its to counter the narrative that we didn't lose many games or felt unbeatable whilst under Bob.

I will agree that defensively we looked far more solid but we still conceded goals and we still lost games.

Ok, 9 league defeats in 2010/11, only 2 at home.
2011/12, 5 defeats, 0 at home.
2012/13, 6 defeats, 2 at home.

2013/14 Pelle 6 defeats, 1 at home.
2014/15 7 defeats, 2 at home.
2015/16 10 defeats, 5 at home.

so 4 defeats to 8 at home in 3 seasons, plus we hadn't lost 10 league games in a season since 2008, and with a win next Sunday Pelle will beat Mancini's attempt in his first half season after taking over from Hughes by a single point. If we don't win on Sunday we will have a lower points total that at any time under Mancini.

and before people jump on me, I made a point to reference to the wider feeling around the club and my personal feelings and experiences of this season, blueinsa turned it into Mancini v Pelle. I've been going all season just as I have in recent years, and I've not felt this inevitability about being beaten as I have this season since Hughes. The club had pushed forward with an identity and a hunger and it's unraveled, and it's a club wide series of factors that in my view have pushed fans further away from the club than before. The performances and results don't translate to what the ownership say they want to achieve, the signings don't back up those ambitions, the reluctance to be radical and change things to stop the rot adds to that. The level of real involvement and connection with the fans has dropped despite what the ownership say they want and how the club wants to portray it, and our club identity has taken a pummeling despite what the club is trying to portray to the world as being "City" and #together etc. etc.

Thus, the apathy has set in, and it's not nice.

Ok, 9 league defeats in 2010/11, only 2 at home.
2011/12, 5 defeats, 0 at home.
2012/13, 6 defeats, 2 at home.

2013/14 Pelle 6 defeats, 1 at home.
2014/15 7 defeats, 2 at home.
2015/16 10 defeats, 5 at home.

so 4 defeats to 8 at home in 3 seasons, plus we hadn't lost 10 league games in a season since 2008, and with a win next Sunday Pelle will beat Mancini's attempt in his first half season after taking over from Hughes by a single point. If we don't win on Sunday we will have a lower points total that at any time under Mancini.

and before people jump on me, I made a point to reference to the wider feeling around the club and my personal feelings and experiences of this season, blueinsa turned it into Mancini v Pelle. I've been going all season just as I have in recent years, and I've not felt this inevitability about being beaten as I have this season since Hughes. The club had pushed forward with an identity and a hunger and it's unraveled, and it's a club wide series of factors that in my view have pushed fans further away from the club than before. The performances and results don't translate to what the ownership say they want to achieve, the signings don't back up those ambitions, the reluctance to be radical and change things to stop the rot adds to that. The level of real involvement and connection with the fans has dropped despite what the ownership say they want and how the club wants to portray it, and our club identity has taken a pummeling despite what the club is trying to portray to the world as being "City" and #together etc. etc.

Thus, the apathy has set in, and it's not nice.

Do you feel positive about Pep coming in and his ability to turn us around quickly ?

Do you feel positive about Pep coming in and his ability to turn us around quickly ?

yes, in fact my only frustration is that we may miss out on a couple of key first choice targets because of lack of CL and less budget to play with, and the fact he should be trying to win us the CL not the Europa next season.

I was convinced he was coming within months of Pelle coming in, and have been waiting expectantly for this moment. I've been watching all year seeing what we're doing badly now and how Pep will improve it, and I can't wait. It's just a shame it won't be on the ideal terms for him to do his best in the short time we've got him for.

I was near jubilant yesterday that this was over and Pep's coming, I can't wait for this week to be over and for it to be official. The Transfer Update thread will return and I will tapping my fingers waiting to type the ins and outs at City, whilst having great joy in typing (Manager-Pep Guardiola) next to City's name.

This wait has been like the all day car journeys as a kid where you needed a wee 2 hours from home and there were no stoppages en route. I've been waiting 2 1/2 years for next Monday and the new era to come, can't wait.

you think City are a badly run club ?

Yes.

Over the years they have never been a poor club, and have done worse than many comparable clubs. City have splashed big cash since at least the 50s. Until the recent mega-money many clubs did better with less cash.

Then there is the ticket office which was not brilliant in the olden days and has got worse since they bought their first computer.

I'm not saying it is the worst run club about, but for all the money and support it's had over the years it hasn't done that well.

In my opinion we are now seeing the ultra-rich version of 'typical City'.

Yes.

Over the years they have never been a poor club, and have done worse than many comparable clubs. City have splashed big cash since at least the 50s. Until the recent mega-money many clubs did better with less cash.

Then there is the ticket office which was not brilliant in the olden days and has got worse since they bought their first computer.

I'm not saying it is the worst run club about, but for all the money and support it's had over the years it hasn't done that well.

In my opinion we are now seeing the ultra-rich version of 'typical City'.

"They" ?

link posted above but it stops just where Samuels comes back at him saying if it was that easy to beat a Pep side the German league would have worked it out years ago etc ...
this Greek fellow is a nitwit, perfect for the programme

The Greek nitwit looks as though he has just had a wank and is cooling down.
A complete ball bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.