Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If there's no Champions League football next year that's Guardiola's problem, not mine."Pellegrini on #MCFCvAFC

Apologies for not following the thread closely, but is this true? Does not sound like something he would say.

"If there's no Champions League football next year that's Guardiola's problem, not mine."Pellegrini on #MCFCvAFC

Apologies for not following the thread closely, but is this true? Does not sound like something he would say.

Isn't that off a parody Sun account? Sure I saw something about that on Facebook last night. I can't see Pellers saying that in all honesty, can you?

It's true. Pellers may not have said it (lest I doubt if he did) but it is undeniably true.

We are getting Pep Guardiola!!!!!!!!

For all the faults, we are getting somebody who will not fail, even if it takes him ten years.

The greatest asset we will suddenly possess is somebody who prepares the team correctly, regardless of opposition.

Everything else is down to the uncertainty of sport.

Lol if it does we won't be the beneficiaries. He'll be gone in 3 years when his contract is up to experience another League. Pretty sure he's already talked about managing in Italy and pretty sure he's talked about retiring early enough to enjoy it as well. He's the type of guy who'll burn himself out so don't see him looking at City as a long term project. Just hope and expect to get the best out of him whilst he is with us..........

Ok, 9 league defeats in 2010/11, only 2 at home.
2011/12, 5 defeats, 0 at home.
2012/13, 6 defeats, 2 at home.

2013/14 Pelle 6 defeats, 1 at home.
2014/15 7 defeats, 2 at home.
2015/16 10 defeats, 5 at home.

so 4 defeats to 8 at home in 3 seasons, plus we hadn't lost 10 league games in a season since 2008, and with a win next Sunday Pelle will beat Mancini's attempt in his first half season after taking over from Hughes by a single point. If we don't win on Sunday we will have a lower points total that at any time under Mancini.

and before people jump on me, I made a point to reference to the wider feeling around the club and my personal feelings and experiences of this season, blueinsa turned it into Mancini v Pelle. I've been going all season just as I have in recent years, and I've not felt this inevitability about being beaten as I have this season since Hughes. The club had pushed forward with an identity and a hunger and it's unraveled, and it's a club wide series of factors that in my view have pushed fans further away from the club than before. The performances and results don't translate to what the ownership say they want to achieve, the signings don't back up those ambitions, the reluctance to be radical and change things to stop the rot adds to that. The level of real involvement and connection with the fans has dropped despite what the ownership say they want and how the club wants to portray it, and our club identity has taken a pummeling despite what the club is trying to portray to the world as being "City" and #together etc. etc.

Thus, the apathy has set in, and it's not nice.

That title winning season played 19 won 18 at home. 2 points dropped all season. I do hope Pep brings that crushing inevitability of certain victory back next season.

Lol if it does we won't be the beneficiaries. He'll be gone in 3 years when his contract is up to experience another League. Pretty sure he's already talked about managing in Italy and pretty sure he's talked about retiring early enough to enjoy it as well. He's the type of guy who'll burn himself out so don't see him looking at City as a long term project. Just hope and expect to get the best out of him whilst he is with us..........

thanks for letting us know your thinking pep

Three years with us gives him two years left before his chosen retirement age.... I would hope that he'd do the whole 5 with us if things go well.....

We lost 40 games under Bob in total, all comps.

We have lost 39 games under Pellegrini in total, all comps.

That's a pretty damning indictment of Pellegrini.

Mancini managed City for 191 games, Pellegrini for 165.

Mancini took over a team that had just finished 10th and not won a title for 42 years.

Pellegrini took over a team that had just finished 2nd and won the title the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.