Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not Cambuur again as they were relegated. What about a Championship or newly promoted PL side?

the problem with the premier league now is that everyone has so much money to spend on ready made established players.

i think you will even see bottom half teams being able to spend 15m or 20m on one player.

in regards to the championship, i personally want him tested higher than that if he was to go out on loan again.

i think holland again is his best bet if another loan is in mind as it is one of the best leagues in europe when it comes to being a development ground for young players.

personally though, i am not ruling him being out of the squad next season if he impresses guardiola in pre-season. watching some of the videos of him posted on here he looks technically ready, so like kelechi last year he just needs the game time to start gaining the experience.

Would love to see Jack in the first team squad next season but unless you can guarantee him at least 10-15 games he is better off being on loan somewhere. Given the possible signings we are being linked with for centre mid and the number we have already I can't see him getting those games he needs here unless there is a if clear out

Last edited:
And Bytyqi as well. ALthough I don't see the point of playing in Jupiler League for the lads, especially since we alreade have NAC there in case they don't promote through play-offs

Yeah i thought it was a head scratcher too, unless they want to thank them for a season for the help.

Yeah i thought it was a head scratcher too, unless they want to thank them for a season for the help.

Guaranteed senior football is a plus. When you see the likes of Barker going to Barnsley and not getting much football or the various loans that Devante Cole had that didn’t do much for him (all English 3rd tier) then the prospect of a full season in the Dutch second division is not so bad. Celtic looks like the most prosperous destination although they want something in return and 1 year might not be long enough.

The kid has got potential thats for sure. I'd love for us to have a really good relationship with a championship team and manager where we could trust our players to have decent game time - sadly thats incredibly hard to develop. I think either a bit of time with us, working alongside pep and the first team or straight back to holland would be best for him.

Guaranteed senior football is a plus. When you see the likes of Barker going to Barnsley and not getting much football or the various loans that Devante Cole had that didn’t do much for him (all English 3rd tier) then the prospect of a full season in the Dutch second division is not so bad. Celtic looks like the most prosperous destination although they want something in return and 1 year might not be long enough.
A 1 year loan with Celtic wouldn't be a problem I'd have thought, the only reason Roberts was 18 months was because it started in January.

I think with Byrne and playing championship football next season think he will think he can cut it at a higher level than that. I think with his season in the Dutch league he will get offers there to a loan at a club better than Cambuur and this will suit him and us if Pep feels it is too early for him at the moment. Playing championship football would be good to toughen him up more but I dont think he needs that as he has that already and can handle himself well on the pitch. So the more he plays in Dutch football the best for him. Idealy Ajax or PSV and cut it with the best in the Dutch league also gets a chance to play European football too which would be a big learning curve for him.

PSV have van Ginkel on loan from Chelsea which is up at the end of the season, it might be a good option for both PSV and ourselves it he were to step into that breach, as long as Pep feels he would be better served on loan, Pep may want him at City.

Could not agree more, he needs minutes in the pro world, going back to the youth set up now would ruin him.
He needs stretching much more than the Juliper league. We have Thomas Agyepong at Twente and that would be better however there is a much better option, which with a bit of luck could be his door into a much better league.....

I think with Byrne and playing championship football next season think he will think he can cut it at a higher level than that. I think with his season in the Dutch league he will get offers there to a loan at a club better than Cambuur and this will suit him and us if Pep feels it is too early for him at the moment. Playing championship football would be good to toughen him up more but I dont think he needs that as he has that already and can handle himself well on the pitch. So the more he plays in Dutch football the best for him. Idealy Ajax or PSV and cut it with the best in the Dutch league also gets a chance to play European football too which would be a big learning curve for him.

Not a prayer either of them will take him. Not because it is him but they rightly have their own players and want to progress them. They also have players all over that league on loan. There is absolutely no incentive to for them to take him or even want to develop him.

The summer will be interesting for him as pep may want to keep him or the answer could be closer to home in that Girona are one point of the play offs and 7 points off a direct promotion with 5 matches left. Fingers crossed. If Girona get in La Liga, Pep can have a word with his brother and Byrne will be exposed to the best finishing school in the world, La Liga. He will learn far more there than in Eredivisie or the thud and blunder of the Championship or the SPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.