Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

Bit surprised by the negativity here, maybe some just love a good moan?

Thought we absolutely bossed them in the first half and overall we were much better than Swansea even in the second half, they were very fortunate to get that goal and didn't really earn it, I'm struggling to remember a save Joe had to make so the defense wasn't half as bad as some are making out. Aside from our CB's roaming far too much off the defensive line leaving us a bit nervous and exposed but Fernando and Dinho had it covered so I'd say we shut them out pretty well when you think about it(they were trying after the equalizer but we gave them nothing).

With the chances we had we deserved to win that comfortably but our finishing was sloppy(quite frustrating to see), Kelechi should have bagged two more but it wasn't due to lack of trying it was just not his day, a bit of bad luck with the run of the ball and some poor decision making at the end of some promising situations created by his good linkup play(nice one twos/interchanging etc shouldn't be overlooked there's more to his game than goals). Aguero has been off the boil the past few weeks, hope it's nothing to be worried about but he's never looked so flat and lacking in fight, sloppy first touches and again shooting when he should pass and passing when he can shoot... just one of those days all around for our front two.

Happened too often this season, a repeat of Villa and Norwich away

Aguero looks worryingly down I agree. Would not be too surprised if something is going on with him as his recent body language reads poorly.
I hate to admit this, but I've had the same feeling for weeks and first noticed something wasn't quite right when he and Silva were arguing with each other on the pitch some months ago. Something isn't right, but I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later.

League title, cups and semi final of chumps league. More points than any other team since he's been here. Yes it's time to move on but the guy has not been a disaster. Look at the chelski and the rags, it could be worse

Correlation does not always imply causation but the idea that announcing the new manager on Feb 1st had no impact at all on subsequent results seems a bit fanciful. At the very least it's clear that our points per game dropped pretty significantly post the announcement. So whether that was entirely due to the announcement partly due to the announcement, IMO it had something to do with the announcement.
It did not seem to have the same impact on Bayern eh?

Correlation does not always imply causation but the idea that announcing the new manager on Feb 1st had no impact at all on subsequent results seems a bit fanciful. At the very least it's clear that our points per game dropped pretty significantly post the announcement. So whether that was entirely due to the announcement partly due to the announcement, IMO it had something to do with the announcement.
If you take away the anomaly of the first 5 games (where we played once a week) it was shit all the way through

its a weird one because i'm a huge admirer of pellegrini, he's a true gentleman who has a hell of a lot of class and dignity. but on the other hand i dont really feel he's done THAT good a job at city. yes we've won a few trophies, but in the league we have regressed massively over the 3 years. put simply, with the resources and players at his disposal he should have done a lot better, but i wish him very well in the future.

Despite what some think on here, the truth is no premier league club will come in for Pellegrini. If he was as good as one or two on here think that wouldn't be the case. Nice bloke but out of his depth at City.
Out of his depth !!!!!!!! PMSL - In 3 years - PL title, 2 cups and CL semi final. Are you for real ? Lets see if Pep can at least match what Pelle had done.

To the guy who snatched Pellers jacket from a young blue I just met shame on you.... Pics will follow cos it was caught on sky apparently

I thought Pellegrini gave it to a woman but it was snatched by a bloke. The bloke then gave it to the woman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.