Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

You epitomise the group of fans that no matter what you blame Pellegrini.

Wrong formation? What would have been the right one that confirming to you would have easily won this game?
Why did he need changing tit when we were creating loads more than Swansea and could've been out of sight at half time? What would you have changed and why?
And remember Swansea only got back in the game by a total deflection. Their first attempt on goal.

A half hearted performance by some I agree. Maybe you should blame them?
j
Read my post again, I'm blaming Pellegrini and some players
"Wrong formation" yes I think so, reverting to his 442 that has ruined our season and only stumbled on something different that worked in the CL away game ( he then subsequently selected the same formation at villa and when the centre forward got injured, decided to go with none, resulting in a 0-0 draw at the bottom of the table club)
"Failing to act when somethings not working" again this has been a constant theme with his lack of tactical substitutions. Who honestly could not see what was happening at 2-1 v Arsenal? It was only a matter of time before they equalised given their additional midfield player once Wilshire replaced Wellbeck, and once they did, he decided to go with an extra mid fielder

I wonder what was up with Sergio yesterday? He had a face on him like a wet weekend and some of his shots were so half hearted.
Didn't/doesn't like having to play with Kelechi imho, he wants any glory for himself.

He's been poor for the last month for me, only interested in himself and not the team. Needs to snap out of it soon, or he won't last Pep's eventual massacre of this squad.

What this squad needs above all else, is to become a team again, and not a bunch of good individuals, one way or another Pep will ensure that.

DEFENSE starts from the back. From the GK to be precise. Oxymoron.

Hmmmm. When two teams kick off, our first line of defence starts with our forwards / attackers. That's where the phrase comes from really. It's just a euphemism for EVERYBODY doing their defensive duties. You could just as easily say that an attack starts with the defence - same deal really.

The point being though, that if attackers don't attempt to win the ball back after losing it, it gets left for the midfield to do it, and if they leave it, then the defence has to deal with it. This season we've had a very attacking lineup, but if they lose the ball, they can't just stand and watch our limited midfield get overrun - they need to start defending form the front. That's why we've been caught on the break so many times this season, and it's put extra pressure on midfield and ultimately defence.

At least that's how I see it - others might think otherwise!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.