Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

I've read a few pages and I have to agree. It didn't seem all that bad apart from the appalling finishing. Aguero and Nacho were both guilty of being greedy when in sight of goal messing up some good opportunities. I was so pissed off with Kelechi that I wanted him subbed at half-time. 18 attempts to their 5 and we could only find the back of the net once - bloody hell!

Navas tried a long range shot instead of passing to KDB who had run around 60 yards to reach there. Just poor selection of shots/psses in the final third. But the effort was there.

Yesterdays game epitomised Pellegrini's reign at city. Wrong formation, failure to realise or react when things weren't going as planned. A half hearted performance by some that left us hanging on in a game we should have comprehensively won

Probably as revenge for the apple of your eye Pellegrini?

Even though he's gone and we've just narrowly avoided relegation from the Champions League, you still see no wrong with how he's handled the resources available to him and will defend him until the bitter end. Says more about you than Manuel tbh...
Revenge, Grow up.
You have it wrong on so many points. What exactly does it say about me then?

Like many you hopelessly overrate the squad that has been available for most of this year. Some used to be great but are now on a rapid decline whether due to age, injuries or both. The key players to me have been Hart, Kompany, Zabba, Silva, Toure and Aguero. Four of them are not a patch on what they were with Zabba and Toure possibly on their way out and Kompany's career in the balance. Will Silva ever reach the same heights again? Add to that the absence of Nasri and the seeming inability to buy players (other than KDB) who are better than those who have left. Oh and by the way, a proper world class player, Carlos Tevez, was never even remotely replaced. I could go on. This is a far weaker squad that needs substantial improvement.
Spot on, but the Pell haters will not see it that way.

Navas tried a long range shot instead of passing to KDB who had run around 60 yards to reach there. Just poor selection of shots/psses in the final third. But the effort was there.
Yes, that annoyed me as well, just another example of poor selections. And yes the effort was there. Even though I was pissed off with Kelechi's cock-ups in front of goal he did put in a lot of effort to get the ball and chased back a lot.
End of the day we finished above United and I'll just have to be satisfied with that and the Capital One Cup in this poor season.

We did just enough... Thank christ this season is over. Can't wait for the Pep arrival videos. Manuel was a nice man and gave us some moments so we can only thank him for it. It was however the right time and we needed someone new to inject a fresh outlook on the whole club not just the team.

Considering the season and the goading of United, to finish above them only thanks to a +18 goal difference and behind Leicester by 15 points sums up our entire season.

Yesterdays game epitomised Pellegrini's reign at city. Wrong formation, failure to realise or react when things weren't going as planned. A half hearted performance by some that left us hanging on in a game we should have comprehensively won

You epitomise the group of fans that no matter what you blame Pellegrini.

Wrong formation? What would have been the right one that confirming to you would have easily won this game?
Why did he need changing tit when we were creating loads more than Swansea and could've been out of sight at half time? What would you have changed and why?
And remember Swansea only got back in the game by a total deflection. Their first attempt on goal.

A half hearted performance by some I agree. Maybe you should blame them?

One of those games that looks different in retrospect to watching it live. They barely threatened, Hart had very little to do, the defence looked solid. It just didn't seem that way at the time. Some very sloppy play, Nasri should have been introduced 10 mins earlier.

At least it will have provided a useful video for Pep to study.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.