Keith Curle

Head like a jockey's bollix
Head like a burst mattress
I've heard a few but sherrifs badge, please explain
Sorry if I appear slow
I guess it's the same principle as 50p head, which we used to say if you couldn't head the fucker.

One of my all times favourites was Keith Curle. A true footballing centre half. I once picked up some photos from Foto Processing (younger posters look it up) and I got the wrong ones. They were Keith Curle's birthday party prints. Nothing outrageous to report I'm happy to say. All very sedate and family orientated.

No mate,but you know I always remember him scoring that pen in front of us that night,after elephant man brought down Whitey
White absolutely did Bruce for that penalty. It was like Bruce was running through treacle. We all went absolutely mental at the scoreboard end. For me, Derby days like that, in their own way, feel pretty much as good as winning a trophy, even if they aren't as important.

A good player for us but a potentially bright international career was torpedoed by him being picked at right back for his one and only cap. He had a shocker that night, but that wasn't his fault and he was never picked again.
Typical England tactic of playing guys out of the position for which their form earned them selection in the first place. He was also unfortunate to end up playing in a City team which was on the slide and with the club virtually skint.

Up here in Carlisle his management style has created divided opinions amongst the locals. He has been accused of chopping and changing the team too often, even after a decent performance, and this season they tailed off badly after getting themselves within touching distance of the play offs.
Listening to him being interviewed on local radio is rather tiresome IMHO but managing a club as badly run as Carlisle United can't be easy. There is a constant whiff if bullshit about his interviews but maybe that's down to what appears to be going on behind the scenes and him having to toe the party line. Some of my Carlisle mates don't rate him as a Manager, and say that the football is crap but since I spend my match days at the Etihad I couldn't comment on that. What do they expect in League Two ?

White absolutely did Bruce for that penalty. It was like Bruce was running through treacle. We all went absolutely mental at the scoreboard end. For me, Derby days like that, in their own way, feel pretty much as good as winning a trophy, even if they aren't as important.

That's cause we never got anything there mate,ever,I was surprised we even got that pen,never mind score it.....ahhhhh the memories

A good player for us but a potentially bright international career was torpedoed by him being picked at right back for his one and only cap. He had a shocker that night, but that wasn't his fault and he was never picked again.
Typical England tactic of playing guys out of the position for which their form earned them selection in the first place. He was also unfortunate to end up playing in a City team which was on the slide and with the club virtually skint.

Up here in Carlisle his management style has created divided opinions amongst the locals. He has been accused of chopping and changing the team too often, even after a decent performance, and this season they tailed off badly after getting themselves within touching distance of the play offs.
Listening to him being interviewed on local radio is rather tiresome IMHO but managing a club as badly run as Carlisle United can't be easy. There is a constant whiff if bullshit about his interviews but maybe that's down to what appears to be going on behind the scenes and him having to toe the party line. Some of my Carlisle mates don't rate him as a Manager, and say that the football is crap but since I spend my match days at the Etihad I couldn't comment on that. What do they expect in League Two ?

I told my Mrs that on way home,I said he got picked at right back for England ONCE,got ruined,coz Graham Taylor ? was a dick

I said to him you had a good win at Notts County last game of seasson,he said yea that was nice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.