Colonoscopy

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
I went for one recently and they found a very large polyp, 60 cm's in dia. It was a messy thing to have cut out and I had a lot of bleeding afterwards.
This thing was pre-cancerous thank god but couldve changed anytime.
I had no symptoms just a routine colonoscopy, can I urge anyone on here over 50 to go for regular colonoscopies, and get any polyps removed, bowel cancer is a major killer here in Oz, in fact with all the processed foods the western diet consists off, its becoming a bit of an epidemic.
I'll be having another one in 2 years.

Not pleasant but it'll save your life. Glad you found it when you did. Hope you make a good recovery nimrod.

I went for one recently and they found a very large polyp, 60 cm's in dia. It was a messy thing to have cut out and I had a lot of bleeding afterwards.
I had no symptoms just a routine colonoscopy, can I urge anyone on here over 50 to go for regular colonoscopies, and get any polyps removed, bowel cancer is a major killer here in Oz, in fact with all the processed foods the western diet consists off, its becoming a bit of an epidemic.
Good shout nimrod and glad to hear that all went well for you.On a similar note I have my blood checked every 6 months for prostate and I know its not always 100% proof,but better safe than sorry as you say.

60cm diameter!! That's as big as a football!

Actually it's the size of a space hopper. Are you sure it wasn't millimetres?

Did you request the colonoscopy or did your GP refer you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.