Colonoscopy

I went for one recently and they found a very large polyp, 60 cm's in dia. It was a messy thing to have cut out and I had a lot of bleeding afterwards.
This thing was pre-cancerous thank god but couldve changed anytime.
I had no symptoms just a routine colonoscopy, can I urge anyone on here over 50 to go for regular colonoscopies, and get any polyps removed, bowel cancer is a major killer here in Oz, in fact with all the processed foods the western diet consists off, its becoming a bit of an epidemic.
I'll be having another one in 2 years.

Glad that it has been removed. And indeed regular colonoscopies, particularly for those over 50, should be promoted more, especially with the low fibre, high fat diet nowadays. Ppl with family history of colon cancer (e.g HNPCC, FAP) should be even more aware of this.

Great thread.

I one had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy spit roast. I thought the former was bad enough, but the latter was by far the worst.

Nhs now has the bowel cancer screening program from the age of 60. If you get one do it! It's free and could save your life.

But If you've got loose stool weight loss blood in your poo don't ignore it or wait for that screening test. go and see your doctor they are very good at sorting it out but you need to speak to them first.

Same as Stony - had both done at the same time at the Alex. By far the worst bit of the Colonoscopy is the Moviprep laxative you take before hand!! Jesus H, it does what it needs to!!

Same as Stony - had both done at the same time at the Alex. By far the worst bit of the Colonoscopy is the Moviprep laxative you take before hand!! Jesus H, it does what it needs to!!

The worst part was drinking it. The first glass doesn't taste too bad, but after a few of them every mouthful makes you heave.

This thread is bringing back bad memories, had a colonoscopy a few years back.
The moviprep was truly awful but was nothing compared to film crew they sent up there for a good look.
The drugs didn't work at all, then being pinned to the bed by 2 big blokes while they rammed a camera up my arse with me screaming in absolute agony.
Not an experience I want to re live anytime soon.
Glad you got the all clear, had to wait nearly 4 weeks for my results, which didn't help.

I get one every two years and the last two I've plumped for Etonox as sedation. Well worth a try as you don't have to fuck about with being collected by someone else. Nice and trippy it is too ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.