England Euro 2016 Squad

Agincourt ? ;-)
Think he's spelt it correctly
The village near the battlefield is spelled Azincourt. Apparently after the battle, Henry V (or one of the knights) asked where they were (there were no Michelin guides in 1415) and was told Azincourt. Because of how it was pronounced, it sounded like Agincourt, and the name stuck.

I stayed in the town of Hesdin, some 15 miles south of Azincourt, last October. Unfortunately, it was a week before the 600th anniversary of the battle, so I missed the celebrations. There's a great visitors centre/museum in the village.

The village near the battlefield is spelled Azincourt. Apparently after the battle, Henry V (or one of the knights) asked where they were (there were no Michelin guides in 1415) and was told Azincourt. Because of how it was pronounced, it sounded like Agincourt, and the name stuck.

I stayed in the town of Hesdin, some 15 miles south of Azincourt, last October. Unfortunately, it was a week before the 600th anniversary of the battle, so I missed the celebrations. There's a great visitors centre/museum in the village.

And you go on holiday to Wien, Munchen and Mockba do you?

Stories going around Sturridge can't play because mosquitos are freaking him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.