Gaming PC Advice

Trust me on this one mate, I'm a Linux enthusiast (or freak if you will) and windows is the only os you should be using for gaming mate, otherwise you'll have a frustrating experience for lack of choice
Yeah, I'm more than aware of that bud, my query was because he hadn't listed the OS in his ordered parts list.

yeah windows 10. Wondering though weather its possible to the product key from his old machine to save £70 odd quid.

Still if I do that i'd probably try to put a bent version of Windows on his old machine because i'd use that machine - and if i do it won't update will it??
If you've got the product key then try it first without a doubt. You can always sort the old one out after the fact.

yep you can lift the windows key, usually with the loader people use to validate hooky copies, might be called windows toolbox these days or similar

Just an update, got the bits last monday, started building it straight away and apart from a couple of wobbles got it all working. Unbelievable just how fast windows 10 installed.

Just having one problem, my sons existing headset that has a built in mic connected to his old pc through one jack.

But on this the mic doesn't work. There are jacks on the front and back of the case for both speaker and mic. I bought a connector (female to 2 male jacks) for the headset but it still doesn't work.
Now there are settings for sound in windows, the asus motherboard and nvidia.
The graphics card is connected to the monitor via dvi-i port.
I've tried changing settings but nothing is working to get the mic on. Earphones are fine though!

Just an update, got the bits last monday, started building it straight away and apart from a couple of wobbles got it all working. Unbelievable just how fast windows 10 installed.

Just having one problem, my sons existing headset that has a built in mic connected to his old pc through one jack.

But on this the mic doesn't work. There are jacks on the front and back of the case for both speaker and mic. I bought a connector (female to 2 male jacks) for the headset but it still doesn't work.
Now there are settings for sound in windows, the asus motherboard and nvidia.
The graphics card is connected to the monitor via dvi-i port.
I've tried changing settings but nothing is working to get the mic on. Earphones are fine though!
Is it just a stereo splitter you're using?

I think you need something like this:

I might emphasis that I'm not 100% sure on that and it may just be a software setting issue.

Is it just a stereo splitter you're using?

I think you need something like this:

I might emphasis that I'm not 100% sure on that and it may just be a software setting issue.

Sorted now thanks pal. I'd ordered the correct splitter for £1.50 off ebay and thought it wouldnt be here till next week. I got impatient and bought one from from asda and it was just a normal duel output splitter. But the correct one arrived later today so everything working great at last.

Rather than starting a new thread, I wondered if anyone who knows about these things could recommend something around the £500 mark? I've no idea how to build one, so would prefer ready made and don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking for, was considering this on amazon, , It was the first thing I noticed around my price range with decent reviews and seems to play the stuff I want, any pros/cons? All I'm looking for is something to play games on without any bother and as is clearly evident haven't a clue where to start. Cheers for any help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.