Tyrese Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Star reporting West Ham and Arsenal are after him now he's rejected a deal.

But most of their article seems to be based around a Daily Mail article from April, so it's not exactly top class journalism.
Most of the articles in April were mainly based on the (single?) story from last December when we were due to play Arsenal's 1st team. There doesn't seem any doubt that some have held off signing scholarships (?) but I'm still confused as to why they would do that. We're talking about 15 & 16 year olds who aren't exactly signing 5 year contracts, I wonder if it's just one idiot who's wound up the other hold outs.

Most of the articles in April were mainly based on the (single?) story from last December when we were due to play Arsenal's 1st team. There doesn't seem any doubt that some have held off signing scholarships (?) but I'm still confused as to why they would do that. We're talking about 15 & 16 year olds who aren't exactly signing 5 year contracts, I wonder if it's just one idiot who's wound up the other hold outs.

Pellegrini.

As I predicted a long time ago.

This kid is an idiot if he's actually contemplating leaving. One phone call or a sit down with Pep should change that.

I'm a bit confused as to why a Manager (Pellegrini) who everyone knew was leaving should be the main reason for the departure of a young player who surely wouldn't expect to be anywhere near the first team and the knowledge that Pep effin Guardiola was coming to town?
Why not stick around to work with the living legend?

I'm a bit confused as to why a Manager (Pellegrini) who everyone knew was leaving should be the main reason for the departure of a young player who surely wouldn't expect to be anywhere near the first team and the knowledge that Pep effin Guardiola was coming to town?
Why not stick around to work with the living legend?
I guess its probable that Pellegrini's refuasl to utilise youth players,as other clubs succesfully managed to do,has impacted on the mindset of some in regards to their opportunities and progression - because of such.....they may feel,with some justification,that their futures lie elsewhere.

I agree though,had Pellegrini still been our manager and the 'damage' continued....... then that decision would have held water.......however,now Pep is in the hot seat,a manager who has already intimated he intends to focus much of his time on youth development,it does seem strange and alterior motives may well be the over riding factor.

I've always believed Campbell was destined for Arsenal.

I guess its probable that Pellegrini's refuasl to utilise youth players,as other clubs succesfully managed to do,has impacted on the mindset of some in regards to their opportunities and progression - because of such.....they may feel,with some justification,that their futures lie elsewhere.

I agree though,had Pellegrini still been our manager and the 'damage' continued....... then that decision would have held water.......however,now Pep is in the hot seat,a manager who has already intimated he intends to focus much of his time on youth development,it does seem strange and alterior motives may well be the over riding factor.

It certainly looks like it, and as I've said elsewhere, if he and his entourage are so set on leaving the CFA and the likelihood of getting to work with Pep and his team then with a heavy heart I say

tumblr_m7kfufL9E21rs3zxi.jpg

Taking my blue tinted specs off, if I was a player and I was looking at how City have integrated youth players as opposed to say Southampton, Spurs, maybe Arsenal and even United I'd be thinking should I take a step down to take a step up. Pogba is a prime example; wasn't given chances at United left and became a legend. I have no idea what is going through Campbell's mind but if he's thinking similar - and with Pep now manager things could radically change at city - then can we really blame him?

Taking my blue tinted specs off, if I was a player and I was looking at how City have integrated youth players as opposed to say Southampton, Spurs, maybe Arsenal and even United I'd be thinking should I take a step down to take a step up. Pogba is a prime example; wasn't given chances at United left and became a legend. I have no idea what is going through Campbell's mind but if he's thinking similar - and with Pep now manager things could radically change at city - then can we really blame him?
Something about a player taking a step down in joining Arsenal from City gives me a nice warm feeling.

Had things continued from last season,with the same manager,then id definitely be saying 'no we cant blame him'.

But,things have changed,and very much for the better! At 16.....to not allow yourself the opportunity of a lifetime,working under the best in the business,is plain daft and incredibly short sighted IMO.

I guess.....but a more lucrative shiny contract in North London would appear the most important criteria in this case.

Players will always have a better chance at lesser clubs with weaker first team squads - you have to balance that with the quality of the set up and coaching.
We had a reasonable amount of players getting 1st team starts last year, what we dont have is any EDS players bar Nacho establishing themselves as 1st teamers but I'm hoping Nacho and Denayer will be there this comming season and with 10 players getting starts last year and numerous others playing out on loan any one of those could get significant game time going forward. I think we are heading in the right direction.
If he doesn't see it or doesn't want to see it and wants to try it at Arsenal then that is up to him. We move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.