LowCostHolidays gone bump

Just a note...I didn't book it, the wife did! Believe me, I've made the point of her saving £10 to now cost us hundreds!!!

Check out http://www.ectaa.org/en/
There are 2 Spanish equivalents to ABTA, and bacause the UK is still in the EU you should have full rights to claim through any insurance they have just like through ABTA. Must be worth dropping them an e mail:

1. FETAVE (Federation Empresarial de Associaciones Territoriales de Agencias de Viajes Españolas)
Calle Bravo Murillo, 375, 1°
E – 28020 MADRID
Tel: +34. 912 300 787
E-mail : fetave@fetave.es
Web : www.fetave.es

fetave.jpg

2. ACAVe (Asociación Catalana de agencias de Viajes Especializdas)
Av. Princep d'Asturies 54, 5 a pl.
E - 08012 BARCELONA
Tel: +34. 93. 321 97 29
Fax: +34. 93. 322 12 04
E-mail : acave@acave.travel
Web : www.acave.travel

Just a note to everyone that if your holiday is booked with these, they have today gone into administration as a result of Brexit.

They are also Spanish based and therefore you do not have the cover of ABTA or ATOL.

Just lost my accommodation we had paid for; fortunately they pay the airline immediately so the flight is safe...

Big thanks to all those who voted leave; you've just cost me £600...

Sorry to hear that mate and ignore the usual suspects and their less than consilitary comments, but if this company has gone tits up I would say it was shagged even before brexit, hopefully your travel insurance will get some of your money back

The website lists all the ways you might claim. Bookings were apparently down before the referendum vote and down even more after. Of course if anyone had said travel companies could collapse it would have been dismissed as Project Fear. Most airline share prices are down.

Oh wait - ABTA did warn us! "Of immediate concern is the impact that a period of uncertainty will have on the strength of the Pound versus other currencies. A weaker Pound has a direct impact on spending power overseas, making the cost of holidaying or visiting abroad more expensive, as well as adding costs for UK businesses to buy abroad." https://abta.com/about-us/press/abta-launches-new-report-what-brexit-might-mean-for-uk-travel

More specifically: "It is difficult to foresee how the travelling consumer would react to Brexit in the immediate aftermath of the vote. Trade negotiations between the UK and the EU are likely to span over a number of years, and the related uncertainty could affect consumers’ propensity to travel during this period." https://c0e31a7ad92e875f8eaa-5facf2...f3.rackcdn.com/general/ABTA_BREXIT_online.pdf (p.14)

The good news should be that, thanks to EU directives, as a package holiday in the EU it should be covered by the Spanish equivalent of ABTA.

Last edited:
Blaming brexit....what a tool...84 people just lost their lives in france and we, yes we as I have lost money on accommodation on 2 booked trips with them, have a reality check ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.