John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? City at the time were trying to fill up with home grown players. Mancini wanted players from Europe. Tell you what, e mail Mancini, I'll bet he ll tell you, seriously, we were In his hotel and he was gobsmacked at what city were offering him

Why did we need homegrown players when we had Hart, Clichy, Lescott, Richards, Barry, Milner and Wright?

Cool...... Who told you 3 years ago unequivocally that he was coming to our great club.......? Pep the messiah was coming to little old city? Sorry shorts to be short with you, but I am sick of questions and shite on here. I called it and everyone said I was talking shite. Leave me alone and talk it on the main form pal

If you get an in at city and a proper insight into the inner workings then I would love to hear from you pal, pm me that would be fine
Hi Paul,
Just to let some people on this forum know,that I certainly was one of those posters who you sent a PM ref Pep and also let me know well in advance ref Sergio coming to us.
At your request I told no-one but now that you`ve "opened up" ref your contact I just wanted to let people know you are not a bull-shitter.
Some great calls over the passed few years you`ve made mate ,so don`t feel that you have to justify yourself to certain parties on here.
Cheers,
Oakie

Interesting. If Sterling and KDB were Pep signings then where do Sane, Moreno, Nolito, Jesus and Roberts fit in not to mention Kun and Iheanacho in 12-24 months. I make it 9 players for most likely 3 positions which is far to many. Especially as most can play in more than 1 position.

That's without mentioning Silva Navas Bony and any academy prospects.

Top heavy.

Interesting. If Sterling and KDB were Pep signings then where do Sane, Moreno, Nolito, Jesus and Roberts fit in not to mention Kun and Iheanacho in 12-24 months. I make it 9 players for most likely 3 positions which is far to many. Especially as most can play in more than 1 position.

That's without mentioning Silva Navas Bony and any academy prospects.

Top heavy.
With the possibility of 60+ games in a season we need a fair few to double up for rotation and I expect (only my opinion) that a few more regulars will be out of the door in 12 months time.

Garcia only replaced De Jong as a squad member, Barry played mostly, and Barry was preferred by Mancini when De Jong was still with us.
First half of that season we were blowing teams away, and therefore Nigel did not play as much; second half of season when the goals dried up then Nigel became a far more important player

I don't make waves. I hate making waves. I don't know who City are signing or aren't singing. But one thing that was obvious, but wasn't obvious at the time, that after the Barca Boys were tempted to City by Sheikh Masour and Khalddon, Pep would eventually follow. Think about it. No I didn't put a wedge on it. I wish I had. The same with United and the un-Special One. You snooze, you lose. Here's one for you. We all know it. Is it worth a punt? Messi to City in the coming years while Pep and Sergio are still here? It's our only chance. If not, it will never happen.

With the possibility of 60+ games in a season we need a fair few to double up for rotation and I expect (only my opinion) that a few more regulars will be out of the door in 12 months time.

I agree mate but still. 6 or 7 should be sufficient. 9+ is too many. Especially when some are fairly major signings. I suppose we need to wait to see how Pep lines us up and whilst they are 19/20/21 then they may accept a squad role but in a year or two we could have a major talent or two on our hands we don't have space for guaranteed starter status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.