Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling "Calling him awful is simply ludicrous" is simply ludicrous.

How about saying that the vast vast majority of people have little or no confidence in him and that is awful?

I agree. How many people were happy when he was named in net in the Capital One Final (Liverpool fans excepted)? Yes, he was the hero in the penalties, but he's been nowhere near good enough in the games he's had. Maybe if he was named number one he'd be more confident, but starting him in the odd have is a disaster and the change to playing out from the back hasn't helped.

Hart has a lot of faults, but he's a better keeper than Caballero in every way. However, after that interview, I can't see how he can play him. Big test for Pep, as I think he's made a mess of this and we'd better get a replacement in the next couple of weeks otherwise we're relying on Hart's personal pride and professionalism to not just stick two fingers up until January.

Calling "Calling him awful is simply ludicrous" is simply ludicrous.

How about saying that the vast vast majority of people have little or no confidence in him and that is awful?

Who are these vast majority of people?

He isn't awful and I predicate that with not only with what I have seen him do but more importantly, those that whose opinions matter also don't believe he is.

Well the vast majority on here are so used to seeing Joe that they become offended by the notion of a new keeper. Caballero was fantastic at Malaga, arguably in the top three keepers in La Liga.

Hart will be sold because he doesn't fulfil Peps mandate, and if Pep choses to start Caballero then that's absolutely fine by me.

And for me, that is the nail on the head. I said it the other day that sentiment will win us nothing.

I do believe Joe is better than Willy, in the traditional keeper sense, but Willy is a far better keeper than what some on here are willing to give him credit for.

I agree. How many people were happy when he was named in net in the Capital One Final (Liverpool fans excepted)? Yes, he was the hero in the penalties, but he's been nowhere near good enough in the games he's had. Maybe if he was named number one he'd be more confident, but starting him in the odd have is a disaster and the change to playing out from the back hasn't helped.

Hart has a lot of faults, but he's a better keeper than Caballero in every way. However, after that interview, I can't see how he can play him. Big test for Pep, as I think he's made a mess of this and we'd better get a replacement in the next couple of weeks otherwise we're relying on Hart's personal pride and professionalism to not just stick two fingers up until January.

Go on. How has pep made a mess of this.

If Joe is a better all round keeper than Willy, why are you getting bent out of shape as Pep will obviously know this too and Joe will be our #1. Everyone's happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.