More than half of Brits want burka ban

8980354_orig.jpg

I'm unsure how accurate this image i found is but this is somehow what needs more establishing in terms of enforcing a ban.

I have no issues whatsoever with anybody walking on this planet wearing what's reflected as a Chador/Hijab in the above image.
I feel %100 comfortable with this.
In fact I'll be going to my local gym in a bit which is located next to a Mosque and often see women in there wearing Hijabs/Chadors.

However the Burqa and Niqab I take exception to.
It makes me feel uncomfortable as I'm unable to identify the person approaching me, which could be anybody.

If you work in Security (as I do) you'll empathise with my insecurities regarding the Burqa/Niqab.

I'm stood on the door tonight, a few thousand kids all partying in the venue, pissed and coked up, May I add all from multiple ethnicities, and wearing a full black Burqa (which is hard to see at night) someone sneaks in to the club (possibly through a fire exit opened up by an accomplice) and start shooting up the young people in our communities.

Sure this scenario can be done without the Burqa but I'm pretty confident people walking through the town centre holding an ak47 and loads of ammo would be seen instantly whereas if they had a burqa hiding their contents... We'll it's a shirty possibility and it's already happened in the nightlife of Paris.... And the Security staff didn't see that shit coming :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And there, captured in 18 words, is the excuse for all the appalling acts of cruelty undertaken by man on fellow man, in the name of a God and religion.

Proper understanding of religion wouldn't allow for cruelty on fellow men. But, that's a different discussion.

WHy Only Ste's post I think this sums up the problem succinctly

However the Burqa and Niqab I take exception to.
It makes me feel uncomfortable as I'm unable to identify the person approaching me, which could be anybody.

I personally don't feel an issue with banning face veils out of security concerns. Neither is face veil mandated (as per my understanding) in Islam

Even though SOME women wear the Burka out of choice, ultimately it is not a choice and failure to do so will result in severe consequences for the women involved. It's funny how men are not required to do the same

This is oppression pure and simple

When the suffragette movement was happening some women actually opposed their own right to vote to put it into context.

The Burka has no place in civilized society...yet another example of the backward principles of Islam

It's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush. Decisions should be made based on some pre-agreed scale of attractiveness.

I personally don't feel an issue with banning face veils out of security concerns. Neither is face veil mandated (as per my understanding) in Islam
I spent a week in Ankara on business and didn't see a single burka and very few head scarves. The first burkas I saw on that trip were in the departure lounge at the airport waiting for a flight back to Manchester. From that unscientific evidence I would assume that the burka is a cultural thing not a religious thing. I've been told by my Pakistani neighbour that he sees more burkas in the Trafford Centre than in an equivalent mall when he visits his family in Pakistan. To me the burka appears to be a symbol of intolerance of western values, whereas banning it would go against those same values.

I'm being rather presumptuous here but I can gather from your post that you either don't work in Security and or when you are out in public places such as the Etihad Stadium (which I've also worked at) you have no regard for your own personal safety and the safety of others.

If a guy hopped off his kwaki in front of the club wearing his helmet and proceeded to enter I'd ask him to remove his helmet.
Why? To identify the individual.
For all I know he could be either underage and or previously barred, or drunk.

This issue needs to be taken away from the religious/racial debate and assessed as a security risk.

I could buy myself a Burqa right now off ebay, and run into the Santander branch which my partner works at and Rob that place....

She wouldn't have a clue that was her fella holding the meat cleaver at her throat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.