More than half of Brits want burka ban

To me banning the Burkha would be an act of intolerance, persecution of religious beliefs and hopefully that is something this country would not support. Its a divisive act in an already divisive world.

Not about the burka but the burkini. Basically sums up my opinions on the matter.

I'd be astonished if there's anyone who where's the burka who's not either a complete misogynist, or being threatened by a complete misogynist. The justification for a ban comes from believing that the majority of women wearing the burka are from the latter group, and you're actually doing a favour to an oppressed minority by banning it. But I don't think that's the best way to go about things. It's like people in abusive relationships. You can give them all the support in the world, but ultimately, it has to be their decision to get out of it.

But people are ultimately free to wear whatever they want, but where we do have a problem is with people then claiming discrimination because, for example, they're not allowed to do their job in it. If you're going to wear something as socially isolating and divisive as that, you can't then demand that everyone makes concessions for you.

Why don't we round up all the burkha wearers get them on a big boat and nuke the fuckers just as it's floating past John o groats, might catch a few kilt wearer's whilst we're at it

I'm not 'Proud' to be English. I'm grateful as it could have been an awful lot worse being born in many other parts of the world but I wouldn't say proud.
Each to their own though. If people get their kicks by hanging a StGeorge Flag then let them crack on.
As for the Burkha, if the person wearing it is happy to do so then let them. If they're being forced to against their wishes then obviously that's a problem.
Banning it altogether would bring its own problems to a country already seeming with them so not sure that's the way to go.

Religion eh...
if only there was a 'thumbs up' button... I wouldn't have to make this redundant agreement post. But to create something 'worth' reading I would say, flag-waving.. what is that? fanboy bullshit.. it is showing allegiance.. when things are not that simple. I mean, waving the flag against Isis is a pretty easy calculation (although I still wouldn't literally wave a flag) but a lot of flag-waving goes on without any consideration that there are better/more productive cultures out there. That's a bit silly.

To me banning the Burkha would being an act of intolerance, persecution of religious beliefs and hopefully that is something this country would not support. Its a divisive act in an already divisive world.
Is exactly correct
Personally I don't the burka.

To me it looks suppressive and furthermore it makes CCTV pointless.
We do not have to comply with CCTV cameras, they are there to observe not to be complied to. White male youths in hoodies and baseball caps are no different at all. And muslim women in burkhas are far less likely to commit crime than white people who wear hoods up on hoodies
Absolute horseshit. Half the population ? Was anyone on here asked ?
Unfortunately more than half the population of this country were daft enough to equate our critical membership of the European Union to immigration and vicariously their own ignorant outdated and clueless bigotry . So this should come as no surprise, as clearly more of our population than we think is thick as fuck

So did those asked know what a burka exactly is and were they asked about the niqab, hijab or chador and their differences or were they just asked a generic question about muslim womens attire.

Banning stuff indiscriminately is not what a modern civilised society does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.